Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 01:58 PM

Re: Theresa May - the children's meal snatcher!!!

Feeding children is a parent's responsibility. This inane policy was the braincell child of Nick Clegg. If parents can afford it why should the taxpayer foot the bill. Most benefits should be means tested but half the time they are just used to buy votes, that's why the benefits bill is virtually out of control...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:10 PM

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

One minute people are banging on about how all children should get free breakfast or lunch on the state, the next minute people are bellyaching about the Nanny state.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My son can afford to pay for his children's meals .
He always wanted six children but he settled for the two he can afford.
Good for him, people should not have more kids than they can afford.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not content with that evil witch Thatcher (phth, phth, phth) snatching the milk from school children forty odd years ago, now the scumbag 'nasty party' want to deprive school children of free school meals!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7742131.html
Too bluddy right she should! This moronic idea was Nick Cleggs to start with, and the financial turmoil he put schools under was second to none!. Those children who's parents could not afford school dinners were well catered for before he stuck his oar in with this stupid scheme whereby EVERY child should have a free meal, even the Tarquins and Ruperts!! He was very good at wasting taxpayers money with school budgets being plundered, new kitchens having to be built etc. He is a moron, and the sooner this stupid scheme is done away with, the better!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
too bluddy right she should! This moronic idea was nick cleggs to start with, and the financial turmoil he put schools under was second to none!. Those children who's parents could not afford school dinners were well catered for before he stuck his oar in with this stupid scheme whereby every child should have a free meal, even the tarquins and ruperts!! He was very good at wasting taxpayers money with school budgets being plundered, new kitchens having to be built etc. He is a moron, and the sooner this stupid scheme is done away with, the better!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:48 PM

I would hate to think that there are children who would go without food if it wasn't given free in schools and I'm sure there are genuine cases of hardship; but I do wonder how many of these parents who can't afford to feed their children still manage an iphone and cigarettes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

18-05-2017, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would hate to think that there are children who would go without food if it wasn't given free in schools and I'm sure there are genuine cases of hardship; but I do wonder how many of these parents who can't afford to feed their children still manage an iphone and cigarettes.

Most of them I would think LD, not a matter of money but just skewed priorities besides, if the state will feed them why bother.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
[/B]
Most of them I would think LD, not a matter of money but just skewed priorities besides, if the state will feed them why bother.
It's obvious isn't it. If someone offered to pay for my evening meal every day, I would be mad to refuse.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
too bluddy right she should! This moronic idea was nick cleggs to start with, and the financial turmoil he put schools under was second to none!. Those children who's parents could not afford school dinners were well catered for before he stuck his oar in with this stupid scheme whereby every child should have a free meal, even the tarquins and ruperts!! He was very good at wasting taxpayers money with school budgets being plundered, new kitchens having to be built etc. He is a moron, and the sooner this stupid scheme is done away with, the better!
Originally Posted by barry ->

+ 1
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2017, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
[/B]
I'm not quite as sure as you Barry, I was on free school meals I was raised by my nan and grandad they got no help apart from those meals. I am amazed looking back they could afford on a farm workers wage then a basic pension that they could afford to keep us three girls at all. Neither lived the high life my nans only luxury was a jigsaw puzzle every so often and my grandad had a pouch of tobacco once a month. A real treat he considered that.

There are families out there still that struggle on even less than they had.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top