Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 03:12 PM

Re: Natural Hair Colour?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

There looks nothing worse than a guy with badly coloured hair or that "end of life" look when the natural colour battles back.

Unless it's a guy in a toupee!

The man in front of me on my coach trip yesterday was wearing one - well it had to be a toupee - his face looked about 70 at least and his hair was dark brown in a young Elvis style.
I spent a lot of the journey studying where it joined his real hair but the join was well hidden...
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 05:49 PM

I am 73 and have very few grey hairs, or silver ones, it sounds nicer lol

My eldest says to dye it.
My youngest says its fine as it is.

Think I am going to do as my youngest says, its not as expensive
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 09:24 PM

I don't really think dyed hair makes a person look younger.
I think it's style that's more important.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2017, 10:38 PM

I'll do it for a fraction of the cost of hairdressers Azz
Mocha?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:49 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone - full of humour as usual

Rhian, I'm in South Wales - it will cost more in petrol if I had to drive all the way up there

I know I am copper deficient, and copper deficiency is associated with greying of hair. Maybe I will just get some copper supplements for now..

Thanks for the replies everyone
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I know I am copper deficient, and copper deficiency is associated with greying of hair. Maybe I will just get some copper supplements for now.
On that basis, I assume that my head is adequately supplied with copper, but my chin is sadly deficient in that respect.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

The man in front of me on my coach trip yesterday was wearing one - well it had to be a toupee - his face looked about 70 at least and his hair was dark brown in a young Elvis style.
I spent a lot of the journey studying where it joined his real hair but the join was well hidden...

That made me laugh.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks for the replies everyone - full of humour as usual

Rhian, I'm in South Wales - it will cost more in petrol if I had to drive all the way up there

I know I am copper deficient, and copper deficiency is associated with greying of hair. Maybe I will just get some copper supplements for now..

Thanks for the replies everyone

I understand that if you want to be rid of a tree stump, you can bang copper nails into it

That readily sprang to mind and I always like to be helpful
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->

Lol ... sounds like a nice fit

I knew soneone whose boyfriend was VERY obviously dying his hair (far too dark) but he insisted that he only dyed the roots

Yeah OK ... good point

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top