Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 12:01 PM

My family will not vote for Loony Labour

I met up with my family at the weekend and we were discussing the coming election. They were staunch Labour voters - always have been but they all said they will be voting Conservative this time. They are so disillusioned with the likes of Corbyn and Abbott and their Loony policies that there is no way they could vote in their favour.

That's eleven Labour votes lost just in my family alone.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 12:14 PM

Re: My family will not vote for Loony Labour

It's a sentiment sweeping the nation if news articles are to be believed.

Corbyn has utterly shafted the Labour party by refusing to step down imo. It's bad enough that the Blair legacy has left people deeply misttrustful of the Labour party but giving the populous the sole choice of the IRA supporting Corbyn is simply political suicide.

Naturally it makes no difference who you vote for as the unseen rulers will continue regardless but in the gameshow of party politics it's basically the equivalent of being left with the 1p box on "Deal Or No Deal"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by realist ->
it's a sentiment sweeping the nation if news articles are to be believed.

Corbyn has utterly shafted the labour party by refusing to step down imo. It's bad enough that the blair legacy has left people deeply misttrustful of the labour party but giving the populous the sole choice of the ira supporting corbyn is simply political suicide.

Naturally it makes no difference who you vote for as the unseen rulers will continue regardless but in the gameshow of party politics it's basically the equivalent of being left with the 1p box on "deal or no deal"
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:24 PM

Depends on what yo read other reports of surges in people joining up to vote because of Corbyns policy's. Propergander and spin is not restricted to party colours
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-05-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Depends on what yo read other reports of surges in people joining up to vote because of Corbyns policy's. Propergander and spin is not restricted to party colours
I agree about spin and I normally take no notice but these are real people whom I know well.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree about spin and I normally take no notice but these are real people whom I know well.
I understand but it works both ways LD, recent Tory policy especially dementia tax have had a reverse effect on some tory voters.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-05-2017, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I understand but it works both ways LD, recent Tory policy especially dementia tax have had a reverse effect on some tory voters.
I take your point and I am not happy about some of the Tory policies such as dementia tax and foreign Aid but I still have to vote for them because I just don't trust Corbyn et al.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Corbyn has utterly shafted the Labour party by refusing to step down imo. It's bad enough that the Blair legacy has left people deeply misttrustful of the Labour party but giving the populous the sole choice of the IRA supporting Corbyn is simply political suicide.
To say nothing of the incompetent clowns: Abbott and Thornberry.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:52 PM

Anyone daft enough to vote for labour need the help of a psychiatrist.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:54 PM

How is it, in any way a tax? It's just ensuring that people who can afford it, pay towards their own care. I would have thought Labour would have welcomed it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top