Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 12:07 PM

Fears of Corbyn's IRA Links Growing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...times-condemn/

"Labour leader was asked five times to denounce the IRA yesterday but chose instead to state his opposition to "all bombing".

When asked if he could unequivocally condemn the IRA, Mr Corbyn said: " No, I think what you have to say is all bombing has to be condemned."

It can also be revealed that Mr Corbyn was heavily involved with London Labour Briefing - a hard-left magazine which celebrated the Brighton bomb and joked about the death of Conservative MPs.

Evidence emerged yesterday that Mr Corbyn was involved in the magazine, which praised the bomb designed to kill Margaret Thatcher in an article that read: "The British only sit up and take notice [of Ireland] when they are bombed into it" and "What do you call four dead Tories? A start".

"On Saturday the Daily Telegraph revealed that MI5 had opened a file on Mr Corbyn amid concern over his links to the IRA."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 12:18 PM

Re: Fears of Corbyn's IRA Links Growing

Seems the IRA links were known long ago

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...country-knows/

"Weeks after the attempted assassination of Mrs Thatcher in Brighton, Corbyn invited two prominent Sinn Fein/IRA personalities to Parliament. Following the Grand Hotel bombing, a far-Left magazine on whose editorial board Corbyn served as general secretary reiterated its backing for the Irish republican movement, adding: ‘Let our “Iron Lady” know this: those who live by the sword shall die by it. If she wants violence, then violence she will certainly get.’"
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 05:53 PM

Abbott was also pro IRA according to an article back in 1985. She also said that in no way did she consider herself to be British.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:04 PM

The IRA also had a big part in training and passing on techniques to many other terrorist organisation's that now operate around the world. I find it hard to understand why anyone would want to support these groups today.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:25 PM

Jackanory, make it up as you go along.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
it's all there if you Google it, if you choose not to believe it, that's up to you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Seems the IRA links were known long ago

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...country-knows/

"Weeks after the attempted assassination of Mrs Thatcher in Brighton, Corbyn invited two prominent Sinn Fein/IRA personalities to Parliament. Following the Grand Hotel bombing, a far-Left magazine on whose editorial board Corbyn served as general secretary reiterated its backing for the Irish republican movement, adding: ‘Let our “Iron Lady” know this: those who live by the sword shall die by it. If she wants violence, then violence she will certainly get.’"

Wrong yet again!!! - it wasn't Jeremy Corbyn who invited Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness to the Palace of Westminster, but Tony Benn. I know this because I was present at that meeting and shook hands with both Martin and Gerry.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong yet again!!! - it wasn't Jeremy Corbyn who invited Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness to the Palace of Westminster, but Tony Benn. I know this because I was present at that meeting and shook hands with both Martin and Gerry.

Hi

Why am I not surprised about you shaking hands with those two?
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I'm surprised you still have any fingers left.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

25-05-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Unlike you, I make sure of my facts before I speak.
One of many links you may like to peruse.

http://www.newsecuritylearning.com/index.php/about

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top