Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:07 PM

We Are to be a Grandfather

Just heard one of my girls has given birth to a girl. Only yesterday we were told she had a rare condition that was effecting her liver (therefore the baby) and she would have to have it induced next Wednesday. Earlier if the problem worsened. This caused panic all round. A further complication seemed to be that the baby's head hadn't descended yet.

And yet at 1.00 pm today we were told she was in labour. And now it's all done with both fine.

Any road up, people often say the greatest day of their lives was when their kids were born. I find this hard to believe, as to me it's more a relief it's over after a lengthy period of concern.

What about you lot?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:09 PM

Re: We Are to be a Grandfather

Congrats

Makes you feel more like an old man doesn't it? I have 3 lovely granddaughters but they grow up so fast makes me feel really old
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:12 PM

Congratulations Gravitas. Glad all went well in the end.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:12 PM

Congratulations! Gravitas. I'm pleased they are both fine!
I hope you've opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate!

I wonder if this event will mellow you?!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:13 PM

Congratulations Grandad Gravitas!
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:14 PM

Congratulations Grandad, phew what a worry for you all. So pleased everything turned out well.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
Congratulations Grandad, phew what a worry for you all. So pleased everything turned out well.
I kept saying she'll be fine. And she was. Right again.

It was the same with the wife the other month. Thought she'd had a heart attack. I told her she had bugger all wrong with her and was just attention seeking. Right again.

Funnily enough, she has a heart scan booked next Wednesday (she was going to have to cancel)the same day as the proposed induction.
Gravitas
North England

24-05-2017, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Congratulations Grandad Gravitas!
Less of the granddad, if you don't mind.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Less of the granddad, if you don't mind.
Grumpy might be apt... whoops, sorry, l meant Grampy!

PS. The baby is a Gemini! It's the best star sign!
Gravitas
North England

24-05-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Congratulations! Gravitas. I'm pleased they are both fine!
I hope you've opened a bottle of champagne to celebrate!

I wonder if this event will mellow you?!!
No champagne for me. But I did have a magnum (the chocolate covered kind) while finishing off Pointless.

I'm always mellow. In fact a German doctor, not that long ago, in his notes to my GP, described me as "a delightful gentleman".

And that was after a typically rumbustious consultation. When it would be easy to concluded I was a bit of a ****.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top