Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 07:36 PM

Re: We Are to be a Grandfather

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
No champagne for me. But I did have a magnum (the chocolate covered kind) while finishing off Pointless.

I'm always mellow. In fact a German doctor, not that long ago, in his notes to my GP, described me as "a delightful gentleman".

And that was after a typically rumbustious consultation.
I bet he didn't call you 'Lad'!!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:13 PM

No champagne for me. But I did have a magnum (the chocolate covered kind) while finishing off Pointless.

I'm always mellow. In fact a German doctor, not that long ago, in his notes to my GP, described me as "a delightful gentleman".

And that was after a typically rumbustious consultation. When it would be easy to concluded I was a bit of a ****.
Never trust the Germans eh?

Even though you're an irritating WUM - you still have my congrats...........
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:31 PM

Congratulations.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:42 PM

Congratulations Gravitas. Perhaps you should be called Grampitas from now on.
It is wonderful to be a grandparent - When the dust settles, I think you could realise what a privilege it is - and a great reason to spend your money. Are you going to be a "hands on" Grampitas - changing nappies, babysitting - the whole thing ?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Congratulations Gravitas. Perhaps you should be called Grampitas from now on.
It is wonderful to be a grandparent - When the dust settles, I think you could realise what a privilege it is - and a great reason to spend your money. Are you going to be a "hands on" Grampitas - changing nappies, babysitting - the whole thing ?
I doubt it. Certainly my nappy changing days are over. They do say never go back. And I wouldn't want to.

As for anything else, I'll have to see what transpires. I will try to teach the baby to speak if I get the chance. But numbers and such probably won't be possible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:29 PM

Is this your first Grandchild, Gravitas?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Is this your first Grandchild, Gravitas?
Yes. They can leave the hospital first thing tomorrow if all goes well. Which is a good sign of course.
Gravitas
North England

24-05-2017, 09:33 PM

Any road up, people often say the greatest day of their lives was when their kids were born. I find this hard to believe, as to me it's more a relief it's over after a lengthy period of concern.

What about you lot?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:34 PM

Yes. They can leave the hospital first thing tomorrow if all goes well. Which is a good sign of course.
All the more exciting for you
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 09:44 PM

Any road up, people often say the greatest day of their lives was when their kids were born. I find this hard to believe, as to me it's more a relief it's over after a lengthy period of concern.

What about you lot?
Congratulations to you first of all gravitas even though you had absolutely nothing to do with the main event. Every single one of my fourteen wonderful grandkids filled me with joy on the day of their birth and continue to do so. They range in age from thirty down to two years. Make the most of the new addition to your family cos they don't stay babies for long.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top