Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Re: We Are to be a Grandfather

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Just heard one of my girls has given birth to a girl. Only yesterday we were told she had a rare condition that was effecting her liver (therefore the baby) and she would have to have it induced next Wednesday. Earlier if the problem worsened. This caused panic all round. A further complication seemed to be that the baby's head hadn't descended yet.

And yet at 1.00 pm today we were told she was in labour. And now it's all done with both fine.

Any road up, people often say the greatest day of their lives was when their kids were born. I find this hard to believe, as to me it's more a relief it's over after a lengthy period of concern.

What about you lot?

Is this the royal 'we'???- if so ideas way above your station or a poor imitation of the 'wicked witch of the west. Alternatively is it because you have a urinary problem???
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Is this the royal 'we'???- if so ideas way above your station or a poor imitation of the 'wicked witch of the west. Alternatively is it because you have a urinary problem???
What a horrible post. It is you who has the problem if your increasingly crazy posts are anything to go by. This is a grandfather who is concerned about his grandchild's health!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 06:04 PM

This sprang to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC5fqzKxau8
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 06:17 PM

I was holding back my sense of "relief" about it being over until this morning. Just to make sure things were still looking OK once the dust settled. Things aren't. The baby had a good feed last night but wouldn't feed again later. She has bruising on the cheek from the birth and they wonder if that could be a cause. Antibiotics were suggested (not sure why). It's all unclear. Both will be staying in for at least a couple of days.

The panic is back.

Try not to worry too much at this stage, you will probably know more tomorrow. I imagine if we had a bruised face it would be uncomfortable for us to feed too.
If there is a problem, best it was noticed before they came home.
Hope 'Mum' is recovering too.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 06:22 PM

The hospital staff will ensure everything is ok before they are released Gravitas, it's early days yet and babies are stronger than you think...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 06:24 PM

Just heard one of my girls has given birth to a girl. Only yesterday we were told she had a rare condition that was effecting her liver (therefore the baby) and she would have to have it induced next Wednesday. Earlier if the problem worsened. This caused panic all round. A further complication seemed to be that the baby's head hadn't descended yet.

And yet at 1.00 pm today we were told she was in labour. And now it's all done with both fine.

Any road up, people often say the greatest day of their lives was when their kids were born. I find this hard to believe, as to me it's more a relief it's over after a lengthy period of concern.

What about you lot?
I am pleased to hear all went well with the birth of your granddaughter Gravitas, it must have been a worrying time for you all.

I would say the day my son was born was indeed the best day of my life...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:42 PM

How's the baby now Gravitas?

Is she feeding better?
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
How's the baby now Gravitas?

Is she feeding better?
Feeding is about the same. But they will persist. Test results came through yesterday and were good. But there was alarm at this end with the lack of a report of results even after a text to the father. Fearing the worst. Just heard they have been given an honourable discharge this morning, to much relief, and it's just a case of time now.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 02:47 PM

It's amazing how we parents spend years of our lives bringing up and worrying about our own kids only to have all the same worries and concerns about our grandkids. I'm sure everything will come right soon.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top