Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 08:10 PM

Not Good News

At my hospital visit today the Dr told me that the large growth under my arm is not going to go away,despite several weeks chemo, she suggests I now have radio therapy as well to help shrink it some more.This, she says, may cause my skin to become very sore and my breast to get bigger.Of course I have agreed to have the radio therapy,and will get a phone call to arrange a date, but Iam very apprehensive and so upset I feel tearful, I get so tired on these days ,first waiting for transport, then see the Dr ,then I have to wait two hours or more for the drug to be made for me ,then an hour with the cannula in my arm for the treatment to drip through,then wait for transport home
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 08:12 PM

Re: Not Good News

Sorry to hear this! Do you have anyone close to you, to be with you, or just talk to? Sending hugs.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:02 PM

Sorry to hear that Deylon. Can't the growth be removed surgically or will it be too dangerous for you?
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:06 PM

I feel very sorry for you Deylon, hope everything goes well for you.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
At my hospital visit today the Dr told me that the large growth under my arm is not going to go away,despite several weeks chemo, she suggests I now have radio therapy as well to help shrink it some more.This, she says, may cause my skin to become very sore and my breast to get bigger.Of course I have agreed to have the radio therapy,and will get a phone call to arrange a date, but Iam very apprehensive and so upset I feel tearful, I get so tired on these days ,first waiting for transport, then see the Dr ,then I have to wait two hours or more for the drug to be made for me ,then an hour with the cannula in my arm for the treatment to drip through,then wait for transport home

We, your internet family on OFF, are all here for you in our own specific ways.

Keep on shouting about it ... yelling ... whatever ... get it out and we will all accept it and support you.

Many HUGS
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:41 PM

Hi Deylon it's natural feel apprehensive and tearful so don't worry about that and have a little cry when you need too (hugs)..
I am sure the doctor will be able to give you something to put on your skin of it is sore .

I hope you get your appointment for the treatment soon so you don't have too long to worry about it.

Can you think of some 'little treat' to promise yourself when the treatment is all over. It could be something small like a favourite plant or book you would like to read . It will help to give you something positive to focus on.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

We, your internet family on OFF, are all here for you in our own specific ways.

Keep on shouting about it ... yelling ... whatever ... get it out and we will all accept it and support you.

Many HUGS
Definitely !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:48 PM

So sorry to hear this Deylon.

I don't know what to say other more than has already been said.

You can only be guided by the professionals which will help you make the right decisions.
I wish you well as soon as possible.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:53 PM

Cant really say much more than has been said. So sorry to hear your news and I hope that the radio therapy helps you quickly so that you can put this behind you...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 10:59 PM

Aw Deylon - I'm so sorry.
You are such a good person - supporting your friends with problems when you have this problem of your own.

I don't know if you rely on hospital transport to take you to & fro but a nicer way might be to get yourself a volunteer driver. They would take you, stay with you & bring you home.

It might pay you to contact your local volunteer bureau to see if they could offer you this.

I wish you well. x

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top