Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Should l Burst My Blister?

I am always getting bitten by insects, especially the red ants in my garden.
On Tuesday, I got bitten on my big toe and now there is a massive blister on my toe. It is quite sore but feels itchy too.
Should l burst the blister to give me some relief from the discomfort?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Re: Should l Burst My Blister?

I'd put tea tree oil on it Art .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'd put tea tree oil on it Art .
susan, Thank You, l have most things but I haven't got any of that. Is there anything else l could use?
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:46 AM

I'd put something on before I burst it art , germolene or something like that , give it a day with antiseptic it might clear it for you . Sounds ouch .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:53 AM

I get bitten by 'everything' too and you def have my sympathy.

Years ago, we went to Majorca and I was bitten on both legs by something.
By the time we were back home, the blisters were almost 2" diameter and Mum made me go to the GP

The nurse just burst them both and SQUEEZED .... ouch ouch ouch

The skin underneath was raw and I wished I'd done it myself when they were smaller.

Best of luck
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I'd put something on before I burst it art , germolene or something like that , give it a day with antiseptic it might clear it for you . Sounds ouch .
Susan, Thank You for your sympathy, l need it!
I feel achey too, especially in my joints. l wonder if these insect bites have sort of poisoned my system or maybe, it's an allergic reaction?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I get bitten by 'everything' too and you def have my sympathy.

Years ago, we went to Majorca and I was bitten on both legs by something.
By the time we were back home, the blisters were almost 2" diameter and Mum made me go to the GP

The nurse just burst them both and SQUEEZED .... ouch ouch ouch

The skin underneath was raw and I wished I'd done it myself when they were smaller.

Best of luck
Thank You, Rachel. Yes, my blister is the width of my big toe.
A few years ago, l was bitten so badly on my arm and it swelled so much, l ended up in hospital. They said if l had left it untreated l could have got blood poisoning!
I suppose we must taste nice to insects!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank You, Rachel. Yes, my blister is the width of my big toe.
A few years ago, l was bitten so badly on my arm and it swelled so much, l ended up in hospital. They said if l had left it untreated l could have got blood poisoning!
I suppose we must taste nice to insects!
Oh my goodness

An OZ internet friend told me they take high doses of one of the B vits, can't remember which one, but she reckoned it stopped her being bitten by most insects, which are apparently BIGGER than ours
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:15 AM

Think I'd ring the nurse at your practice, and see if she will either look at it, or tell you what to do if it gets worse. You don't want to be poorly over the Bank Holiday when little help will be available.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

26-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Think I'd ring the nurse at your practice, and see if she will either look at it, or tell you what to do if it gets worse. You don't want to be poorly over the Bank Holiday when little help will be available.
Yes ... good idea to get professional advice.

If you're able to walk and can get to a Pharmacy, the Pharmacist might be able to help.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top