Join for free
Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:27 AM

Re: Should l Burst My Blister?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Jeez....That's the Hunch back of all blisters.
Ohh Tpin, does that mean you would like Art to be your Notre Dame?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:55 AM

My bubble was burst years ago..and it still hurts!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, it's much more comfortable today and l feel better in myself too.
What's it like now .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:02 AM

Thank you for asking Omah but l think you might wish you hadn't!
It seemed to be getting better but in the early hours my toe was really hurting, so I peeped under the dressing and the blister was bigger and redder. I took the dressing off and bathed my foot and wrapped tissue around it.
I decided to take my one daily antibiotic then with a whole glass of water and went back to bed and fell asleep. About an or so later (5am) l woke and my tummy hurt so l thought it was because l was hungry so l made some cornflakes with milk. I had two spoonfuls and l felt nauseous! I ran to the toilet and l was sick. A few minutes later, l was sick again, this time with bright red blood in it!
I did feel a bit better and fell asleep until 8am. I looked at my toe and some of the fluid has come out but it is still very sore.
I rang the doctors and got an appointment this morning. I thought it best just to have it checked. Well, you did ask and that's the saga!
Here's a pic, taken in the early hours!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1198.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	3052  
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:26 AM

Good luck Art, I hope they can make your toe and your tummy feel better.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 09:30 AM

That's sure is a weird looking blister, Art. Needs more investigating IMO.
Hope they can sort it this time.
Good luck.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Thank you for asking Omah but l think you might wish you hadn't!
It seemed to be getting better but in the early hours my toe was really hurting, so I peeped under the dressing and the blister was bigger and redder. I took the dressing off and bathed my foot and wrapped tissue around it.
I decided to take my one daily antibiotic then with a whole glass of water and went back to bed and fell asleep. About an or so later (5am) l woke and my tummy hurt so l thought it was because l was hungry so l made some cornflakes with milk. I had two spoonfuls and l felt nauseous! I ran to the toilet and l was sick. A few minutes later, l was sick again, this time with bright red blood in it!
I did feel a bit better and fell asleep until 8am. I looked at my toe and some of the fluid has come out but it is still very sore.
I rang the doctors and got an appointment this morning. I thought it best just to have it checked. Well, you did ask and that's the saga!
Here's a pic, taken in the early hours!

Scary ..... please keep us updated .....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:47 PM

They might be able to drain some of the fluid but leave the skin intact. A cold compress will hopefully give some relief.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 01:10 PM

I didn't say before because I don't want to worry you Art, but are they sure nothing is inside that bubble? No baby insects?
Really sorry, I know it is a horrid thought, but that is why I said previously, it needs to be investigated more.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 04:50 PM

Thanks to you all for caring! I now feel a lot better!
I went to the doctors this morning and he was wondering if he should pierce the blister but decided against it!
He sent me to the nurse to have a new dressing put on it. She didn't hesitate about bursting it and prodded the blister with a needle in a few places! She put the fresh dressing on and l have to go back on Friday!
When l got back, l had to go back to bed as l felt so rotten with lack of sleep and the discomfort.
Honestly, it's truly unbelievable, how easily a pesky little insect can cause such pain, discomfort and disruption to your life!
I hope the saga finishes here as you must all be bored witless about my big toe!!

Page 6 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top