Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:30 AM

The power of garlic.

I have a friend who is a great believer in the power of garlic for skin complaints.

She recently cleared an ulcerated leg up by rubbing a piece of fresh garlic over it several times a day.

Has anybody else used garlic for it's healing power?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:36 AM

Re: The power of garlic.

Have a read of this when you get a minute, Carol.

http://www.rawsomehealthy.com/garlic...ood-or-poison/
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:08 PM

I just reads it Mups.

It's only one persons opinion and who says it's the correct one?
My friend has cured her problem with it and I know that is a fact.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:35 PM

I'll eat anything in the onion family, cooked and raw and I'm not dead yet .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I just reads it Mups.

It's only one persons opinion and who says it's the correct one?
My friend has cured her problem with it and I know that is a fact.

I agree Carol. Some treatments have always upset some people but agreed with others. Guess it's a trial and error thing really. Also, your friend was only using it externally not ingesting vast quantities. Glad it helped her.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 02:01 PM

Garlic is a super food - an incredibly powerful anti bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal and even active against parasites
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Garlic is a super food - an incredibly powerful anti bacterial, anti viral, anti fungal and even active against parasites
Agreed

The Allium family, as a whole, has long been recommended for the heart.
I have tried taking high doses of garlic (capsule form) to see if it would stop my being bitten by insects .... hmmmmmm .... nope.
Maybe I didn't do it for long enough.

Honey is also a natural antisceptic.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:10 PM

I love garlic too. It thins the blood doesn't it?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Agreed

The Allium family, as a whole, has long been recommended for the heart.
I have tried taking high doses of garlic (capsule form) to see if it would stop my being bitten by insects .... hmmmmmm .... nope.

Honey is also a natural antisceptic.
I've tried capsules, but you can't beat real garlic tbh. Raw is even better.

Honey can be good but I'd avoid it as it's quite difficult for the liver to process (all sugars are).

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I love garlic too. It thins the blood doesn't it?
Yep, and is said to help prevent blood clots.

I have 'garlic weekends' where I'll avoid garlic in the week and eat lots of raw garlic on the weekends. I love it with salad - raw onions, fennel, chicory, radish, garlic and linseeds (and lettuce and home made dressing) = super salad
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Garlic capsules are a scam. Aside from that what possesses a person to make them elect to buy a manufactured "plastic" product as a substitute for something freely available in nature? Where are people's heads at???

Garlic is a powerful ingredient in the world of health. It contains over 300 active compounds. Scientists only know what a handful of them do.

Garlic capsules are snake oil. People take them generally because they don;t want stinky garlic breath from real garlic. Common sense tells you that if garlic capsules don't have that same taste and after smell, that they must then be lacking the important componds that are found in garlic. In which case, the capsules are pointless.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top