Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:10 AM

I am looking forward to the thunderstorms.

I know we all love the sunshine, but when it gets really humid, I feel tired and weary, do the rest of you?
I always put this down to the fact that there is less oxygen in humid air, because I have been in much warmer temperatures, abroad, but it hasn't been so "muggy" and I have felt fine.
I am hoping the storms will arrive around 3pm, because I will then not have to go out to call my cats in... they don't like rain so will come of their own accord.
Having said that though, the clouds are building quite fast, over Cheshire, so the storms could be a lot sooner!

My thoughts are also with Barry's wife and I hope she completes her brave attempt, long before the storms arrive
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:14 AM

Re: I am looking forward to the thunderstorms.

Me too Twink. I damn good storm really freshens the air if only for a short time. Stay away from those trees though!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:16 AM

[In my.opinoin i hope they will hold off till late in the day as im off to the Hexham gathering, but i like the clear air effect the following day.

Climbed Snowdon the day after a real monster thunderstorm, the views were spectacular.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:22 AM

I hope we have them too. I love a good storm...providing I'm indoors at the time, lol.

Just checked the weather app on my iPad. By sheer coincidence, it's showing thunder and lightning at 2am and 2pm tomorrow and Monday. Hmm, think I'll Google it just in case.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:24 AM

The clouds here are getting darker and appear to be travelling North.
I better get some towels out because I may need to dry a few soggy cats if they don't get home quickly enough.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:27 AM

We had a storm which woke me around 3.45am, loads of lighting but, not much thunder. I eventually got back to sleep around 5ish after Gypsy kindly climbed through the window and shared her wetness with me!
Paolo came in at 7 dry so must have hidden somewhere during the storm.
I'm really tired now, I have to take my friends to knitting group this morning so I'd better find some energy from somewhere!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:34 AM

Hot hot hot today, then apparently from tomorrow evening into Monday we are expecting rain. Luvvly jubbly. But what a shame for those people wanting to go out on BHM.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hot hot hot today, then apparently from tomorrow evening into Monday we are expecting rain. Luvvly jubbly. But what a shame for those people wanting to go out on BHM.
What does BHM mean please?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

27-05-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
We had a storm which woke me around 3.45am, loads of lighting but, not much thunder. I eventually got back to sleep around 5ish after Gypsy kindly climbed through the window and shared her wetness with me!
Paolo came in at 7 dry so must have hidden somewhere during the storm.
I'm really tired now, I have to take my friends to knitting group this morning so I'd better find some energy from somewhere!
Well there may be a bit more oxygen in the air if your storm has passed Tess.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 07:40 AM

I love a good Thunderstorm. I alway's fancied being a storm chaser in America and get some good photos..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top