Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 12:43 PM

Re: Wingwalk success !

Originally Posted by solo ->
Rosemary and Barry

I read some topics on here and as this was of particular interest I have followed it and because of the way this topic has gone I felt moved enough to post to you both.

Rosemary I am full of admiration for what you did. What does concern me is as any women will tell you that if you have a new dress on and 9 people say they like it, that's fine but if one..just one says they don't, you remember that one and it can spoil your moment.

Please do not let this happen with your wonderful achievement and the amount you have raised.

My good wishes to you both x
What a lovely post Solo.
I have to say though, that if Rosemary is strong enough to do a wingwalk AND put up with Barry for all those years I don't think she will let Tara's nasty remarks spoil her glory. She seems like one tough lady to me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

She seems like one tough lady to me.
She is one tough lady.
I knew Rosie on another forum where she was a mod. She took no nonsense then and she won't now.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 12:58 PM

Once again may we thank all of you that have supported Rosemary on her quest to raise as much as she could for a charity in memory of a family friend, but this good deed is now turning into an ugliness we didn't want to see, so we would like to end it here to prevent any more ill will.

Many thanks again for everything, you really see the best of people sometimes and this was surely one of those times.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 01:01 PM

You are too nice sometimes Barry most people wouldn't leave it at that but it's you and rosemary that matter so no more to be said.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Rosemary and Barry

I read some topics on here and as this was of particular interest I have followed it and because of the way this topic has gone I felt moved enough to post to you both.

Rosemary I am full of admiration for what you did. What does concern me is as any women will tell you that if you have a new dress on and 9 people say they like it, that's fine but if one..just one says they don't, you remember that one and it can spoil your moment.

Please do not let this happen with your wonderful achievement and the amount you have raised.

My good wishes to you both x
Hear Hear! My sentiments exactly. Good Luck Rosemary, you are one very exceptionally brave lady! I know I couldn't or wouldn't do it. I'm bad enough walking up the steps to a passenger plane - never mind standing on top of the bloomin thing!! Barry, make sure you spoil Rosemary something rotten after her brave feat for charity.You deserve nothing but admiration. xxx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 06:07 PM

Well said Shroppy and Solo.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:09 PM

Despicable posts by a despicable person.
All mouth and no knickers imo.

I could not care less if part of my donation paid for the flight - it still made money for charity.

Tara - you should be bloody ashamed of yourself!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Despicable posts by a despicable person.
All mouth and no knickers imo.

I could not care less if part of my donation paid for the flight - it still made money for charity.

Tara - you should be bloody ashamed of yourself!
That is the part that spider cannot understand. If Rosemary / Barry had paid up front ( 6 weeks normally ) and the flight was cancelled and therefore, money could not be raised for the charity, then they would have been out of pocket, as would the charity.
Spider obviously doesn't understand how life works and still maintains that she and her husband, contribute to various charities coffers. I wonder which ones? I hope that they are not the ones that pay their top managers thousands in salary.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 08:59 AM

I just want to add, what about those who do parachute jumps for charity? Almost always you see a notification that a certain amount of money must be raised, in order for the jump to go ahead! Why? To cover costs, of course!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I just want to add, what about those who do parachute jumps for charity? Almost always you see a notification that a certain amount of money must be raised, in order for the jump to go ahead! Why? To cover costs, of course!
That's right. The companies that provide these events are not charities in themselves. Having said that, I would like to think they could charge less for a charity event.

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top