Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 09:14 PM

Re: First Contact.

Dating aliens?
Whatever next?!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Same here, vote for a sheep if you put a blue ribbon on it.
Still better than voting Labour.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Yesterday was back to my home town to enjoy the first Northumbrian day and gathering. Anyway im taking a few photos of the goings on and sat fora while to enjoy the music, on one side the Green party had set up a stall and on the other the Labour party had done the same.

So head down i did my best to avoid eye contact, poor bloke next to me got collared by labour,i steeled gaze, and after he went i relaxed again.

But it was all in vain, after several attempts at cajoling folks, he appeared in front of me like a genie from the bottle.

And he asked "Do you mind if i asked who you are voting for in the Election"

Well he did ask so after i gave him some answers he departed later somewhat disenchanted.

Whatever he brought up i could counter with Labors record, and to his credit he agreed with most i said, which i might add applies equally to the other main parties.

He was a decent bloke, obviously had his own beliefs, but as i said to him all the main parties need to start listening more to folks rather than slagging each other off.

Finally he has fat chance of Labour in at my home town, if the Tory`s put a treacle pudding for election there, it would be elected, opposite of where i live now.

So first contact, i did tell him to get on here and find out some real eyeopening visions of our Parties.
Well done Nom.

I too would have enjoyed having a chat with him. In theory, politicians would do well to read forums to understand the real mood of the voters but of course they won't. They don't really want to know the truth. It doesn't fit with their policies.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top