Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 05:47 PM

United We Stand? Tell That To The Dead!

Just been reading Tony Parson’s excellent piece in the Sunday Sun.
It is rather a long column but so true I thought I would share it with those on OFF who don’t read the Sun.

In days like these, the great comforting lie we tell ourselves is that our country is united.
And it is simply not true. There are British people who detest us.
We have fellow citizens who feel nothing but loathing for our country. The 3,000 Jihadists being watched by MI5 - some of whom have just crawled back from Syria - are just the tip of the cesspit.

United? How the hell are we united when Saffie Roussos, eight, can be murdered by a 22-year old British man who was born here, educated here and had the same UK passport as you and I?.
Salman Abedi was treated with nothing but kindness by this country. We gave a home to his religious nut-job parents when they were refugees from Gaddafi’s Libya.
Their son thanked us with the vilest sort of mass murder imaginable. Abedi came from the same festering three-mile area south of Manchester that has already produced 16 Jihadists.

Parents robbed of their children. Families torn apart, Children made orphans.
And beyond the headlines, the horrific injuries that have changed lives forever.
That’s how united we are.

Yet still the comforting cliches are rolled out to assure us how we all stand together, the pious Twitter hashtags are posted pleading “PrayForManchester”.
We act as if shattered lives and bodies can be made whole again by a sea of flowers and lighting a few candles.
Tell it to those who had their lives annihilated at that Ariane Grande concert. Tell the people who loved them how gloriously together we all stand. Tell it to the dead.
The empty, predictable platitudes are starting to turn my stomach.
Because this country is more murderously divided than it has ever been in our lifetime.

If this country was together - if we all shared the same values, if we all believed in the same things, if we all felt love and pride in this place we call home - then children would have not gone to a pop concert and found themselves in hell.

“We must not give in to those who attack us” someone wrote this week, and of course that is true. But I am the father of a 14-year old girl. I have a child who is exactly the demograpic of an Ariene Grande audience.
And what happens when my daughter wants to go to a pop concert with her friends? Or what happens if they just want to hang out in some glossy shopping mall that would be a soft target for terrorists?
Do I stop her? Do I let her go? The truth is, I don’t know.
At 14, your child - and they are still children at 14 - is letting go of their parent’s hand.
Does the caring parent now prevent their child from attending a concert when they know that - from the bloodstained sandpits of the MIddle East to the festering ghettos of our own country - the murder of that child would be cause for wild celebration?
There are no easy answers and, like every parent of a teenager, I know I will feel differently next week.
But please don’t tell me we are united. Don’t tell me we are safe. Don’t be brave with the life of someone else’s child.

Our country changed this week. In the dazzling sunshine of London’s West End, I saw a young soldier with an assault rifle standing outside a foreign embassy where there would usually be only cops.
The soldier was a reassuring sight. But armed soldiers on our streets are the least of it.
After we looked at the smiling face of Saffie Roussos, nothing could ever be quite the same again. Because now we have hard lessons to learn.

We have many cruel and bitter truths to face. If we honestly mourn the violent death of Saffie, then something has to change or there will be many more just like her.

Please acknowledge that this country did everything it could to help Salman Abedi and his family. We gave his parents refuge. We gave him and his brothers an education, health care, the freedoms we all enjoy.
Our former Prime Minister, David Cameron, was instrumental in removing Gaddafi, the Abedi’s oppressor and the reason they fled Libya.
What more could we have done for these ungrateful bastards?

How obscenely naive that “RefugeesWelcome”hashtag looks now.

We have been so stupid. Prime Ministers dreaming of their Falklands moment, have bombed the crap out of wretched Muslim countries and always made things worse.
When will we ever learn?
With our timid tolerance of virulently intolerant, women-hating cultures, we have allowed huge swathes of our cities to be turned into ghettos. But immigration without integration can only result in the erosion of our national identity. And say it out loud - this country is worth preserving.

British values are precious - tolerance, equality and liberty, peace, prosperity and democracy, the freedom of our children to let go of our hands.#

Our intelligence services and counter-terrorism police have protected us in ways we will never know.
The generations who came before us put their lives on the line to fight for these values.
Now it is our turn.
But this week, as it was revealed that MI5 is conducting 500 live terror investigations - 500!!
It began to sink in that we are asking them to do an impossible job.

There are too many that hate us. But there is so much that can be done to defeat terrorists, at home and abroad.
Glory seeking British politicians must stay out of the Middle East for ever, because it always ends in tears.

And there is a war against terror to be won online.
As Theresa May told world leaders at the G7 summit on Friday, morally bankrupt platforms including Facebook, Google and Twitter need to stop enabling the terrorists.
The tech giants have got away with turning a blind eye to murder. It has no end.

Closer to home, the lies of finger-wagging luvvie Benedict Cumberbatch and Labour MP Yvette Cooper need to stop telling us that we are morally obliged to take in more Muslim refugees when, quite frankly, a larger Muslim population is the last thing our country needs.

Whoever wins the General Election, their greatest responsibility is keeping our people safe.
Right now our borders are so porous they constitute a form of national self-harm. If misguided, brainwashed, drug-addled young men (and some women) go off to join our enemy in Syria, then it should be a one-way ticket.
Treason is not a basic human right.

And the vast majority of us can do our bit by simply carrying on - more wary, of course, with the worst-case scenario in the front of your mind.
But when my daughter comes out of some future pop concert, her face shining with the joys of youth and life and freedom, then I will be waiting for her.

Unquote.

Your thoughts please on Tony Parson’s views. Do you agree with him?
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 06:34 PM

Re: United We Stand? Tell That To The Dead!

Well said shropshiregirl but be prepared for the idiots on here who will call you a racist take no notice your post is spot on could not have done better myself.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 06:38 PM

I think there should be much stricter controls on immigration yes.

I would like to know what British values are these days..I think they have changed in the near 30 years I've been away..

I have my own views on whats eroded values and who has taken advantage of the attitudes towards them.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 06:39 PM

A top Policer officer in the Met has called for internment for those British Muslims who went to join ISIS and now wont to come home.

I suppose all the leftie KH haters and snowflakes will be calling him a racist.

Except.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ic-extremists/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:00 PM

I wish I could have put it so well. I agree with everything he says.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 09:03 PM

A very well written article with which I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm also absolutely sure that the majority of people in this country agree as well.

But do our politicians? Why are they waiting? Why are they not doing what is the obvious answer right now?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 10:00 PM

What I don't understand is what "they" want.
I suppose as we're materialistic it would be easier to understand if they were killing people in order to take our things.
They destroy their own countries until they're barren and uninhabitable, why are they coming here and other countries if they don't want our way of life and the comforts that go with it.
It's a real mystery to me that they don't seem to want better lives for their families.
Anyone know what they want?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 10:01 PM

A spell in Guantanamo would be a start.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What I don't understand is what "they" want.
I suppose as we're materialistic it would be easier to understand if they were killing people in order to take our things.
They destroy their own countries until they're barren and uninhabitable, why are they coming here and other countries if they don't want our way of life and the comforts that go with it.
It's a real mystery to me that they don't seem to want better lives for their families.
Anyone know what they want?
They want control of our country as a stepping stone toward muslim world domination.

And the way things are going, that's what they'll eventually get.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They want control of our country as a stepping stone toward muslim world domination.

And the way things are going, that's what they'll eventually get.
Hi

We disagree on many things JBR, but on this one I am in total agreement with you, at least with the first part of your statement.

We, the public, are against them winning, sooner or later our Politicians will have to take action.

The sooner the better.

There will come a point when the number of casualties will force a change.

The Manchester bombing does not appear to be that point, it should be.

What is needed is a Political Consensus, let your Enforcement Officers do their job, no more pratting about.

We kill every single one of our Jihadist abroad

Iraq, Syria, Libya, out they go, we say nothing, just wipe them out.

Any who do make it back to a friendly Country and who have dual Nationality, we put Temporary Exclusion Orders on, no entry to the UK.

We then revoke their Citizenship and send them back to their Country of Origin.

The issue here is that we cannot do that if they are risk of the death penalty.

This is not a big issue in reality. we just pay the receiving Country a Ł Million each to confirm that they will not be executed.

What happens to them afterwards is not our issue, mistakes happen, even in the most well regulated Prisons, other prisoners may well take exception to them.

Anyone who does escape this, and there will not be many, is interned.

Let your Enforcement Officers do their job.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top