Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:30 PM

Labour Is Finished

Interesting article which explains the severity of Loony Labour's demise. It's not a case of blaming it all on Corbyn.

"they still do not get the yawning, abyssal depth of the crisis they face. They still don’t see that their party isn’t merely in trouble; it’s finished, over, kaput. Labour is a zombie party, a Frankenstein creature patched together from dead slogans and middle-class anti-Tory angst; a living-dead entity utterly incapable of making a connection with the living."

"This is what’s wrong with Labour: it has become the party of pity and welfarism and concern for ‘The Vulnerable’ while its old voters remain self-respecting, driven individuals who want to work and be comfortable and be autonomous. Labour wants to look after the working classes; the working classes want to look after themselves. Labour activists focus virtually all their campaigning energy on propping up the welfare state; ordinary people are far more interested in work and wealth. The divide today is between a party that pities the poor and a poor who flat-out refuse to be pitied. Brexit — glorious Brexit — brought this divide into glaring relief: to avoid economic calamity and fascism we must take refuge in the EU, said Labour’s fearful, paternalistic leaders; no thanks, we will take a risk and strike out for greater political autonomy, said their more confident old core base."

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/0...-blame-corbyn/
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 07:33 PM

Re: Labour Is Finished

If you say so and you do with monotonous regularity.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
If you say so and you do with monotonous regularity.
And you complain about others being rude?

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 09:14 PM

No Labour is not finished,but you seem to adhere if you hoy enough shite some of it might stick. even if they do badly at the election they will still be around.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 09:18 PM

I also think they're finished. I voted Labour all my adult life but would never do so again. I look at the likes of Corbyn, Abbott, Thornberry and their hangers on like Geldof, lily Allen, Eddie Izzard and I just cannot relate to them at all now.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 10:03 PM

Hey folks. It's nearly the end of May!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
And you complain about others being rude?

Do I really, well go away and do some searching and post them all up, might keep you amused for a little while.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

28-05-2017, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Hey folks. It's nearly the end of May!
Hopefully!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2017, 11:46 PM

I'm glad to see Diane Abbott has ditched her afro and changed her ideas about terrorism and the IRA.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I'm glad to see Diane Abbott has ditched her afro and changed her ideas about terrorism and the IRA.

Yup. We just need to ditch her now.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top