Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 02:57 PM

Re: John Noakes is dead

A man who was not ashamed to admit how much he loved his dog .. I liked him, RIP John Noakes
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
A man who was not ashamed to admit how much he loved his dog .. I liked him, RIP John Noakes
The dog was a useful asset to Noakes according to Wiki.

Noakes left Blue Peter on 26 June 1978.[9] It is generally thought that Noakes was not allowed to keep Shep. Although the dog was legally owned by the BBC, Noakes was offered the option of keeping him. According to the behind-the-scenes book Blue Peter The Inside Story by Biddy Baxter, the show's longest-serving editor, this was conditional on Noakes' not using Shep for advertising or commercial purposes. Noakes appeared in a series of television advertisements for Spillers "Choice Cuts" dog food, using a dog that was indistinguishable from Shep but named Skip.[10] The subterfuge led to a deeper rift between him and Baxter
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:15 PM

One of Yorkshire's finest gone to his reward.

RIP John
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 05:41 PM

Very sad. I admit whenever I have given a thought to John Noakes, i.e. when talking about childhood TV with friends, I still pictured him as he was then, not getting older.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 07:27 PM

A childhood memory, Blue Peter and John Noakes brought so much joy to children...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 07:56 PM

I was just amazed when told how old he was, 83 surely not....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The dog was a useful asset to Noakes according to Wiki.

Noakes left Blue Peter on 26 June 1978.[9] It is generally thought that Noakes was not allowed to keep Shep. Although the dog was legally owned by the BBC, Noakes was offered the option of keeping him. According to the behind-the-scenes book Blue Peter The Inside Story by Biddy Baxter, the show's longest-serving editor, this was conditional on Noakes' not using Shep for advertising or commercial purposes. Noakes appeared in a series of television advertisements for Spillers "Choice Cuts" dog food, using a dog that was indistinguishable from Shep but named Skip.[10] The subterfuge led to a deeper rift between him and Baxter
I might have expected a negative comment as it involved a dog....

In the mans own words..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-down-10522650
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was amazed he was 83. I will always remember him as a young man in Blue Peter. He had a good innings RIP
I always thought he was quite old when I watched it as a child. But he would have been nearly 40 when I first saw him which was ancient to a child. Amazed though that Valerie Singleton is younger. Great programme. Pity the Beeb didn't treat its stars better.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I was just amazed when told how old he was, 83 surely not....
He had Alzheimer's for a good while before he died, poor man. Far better a shorter life than living with that horror, imo. My brother-in-law (84) has it and would be better off dead, as it is awful for him, his wife and sons.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 08:55 AM

He was born a local lad to me, and a truly good childrens tv presenter. RIP+ John Noakes.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top