Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 07:58 PM

Re: I wonder what's happened at this zoo ?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Once again indicating that Tigers DO NOT do well kept in that sort of captivity.

I despair
I'm sure that applies to most wild animals.

It certainly proves you can't remove instinct, even when born in captivity.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'm sure that applies to most wild animals.
Yes

Mouses and ants are probably OK if they have enough space.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've deleted it but...please don't come the high and mighty following your disgusting outbursts

Apologies to anyone that was offended.
I'm sure you apology is accepted by all Tpin. At least you make them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure you apology is accepted by all Tpin. At least you make them.
Thank you Ld.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 02:34 PM

I am of the opinion zoos don't give the wild animals enough space. Large safari parks are better.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 02:37 PM

Human error. but I bet the tiger gets the blame.

As long as we visit zoos they will stay open. Its high time that standards were changed and only zoos who met breeding and preservation standards be allowed to open. With the fantastic wildlife films of today it really isnt necessary or appealing to watch a lion or tiger pace around in a tiny enclosure.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Human error. but I bet the tiger gets the blame.

As long as we visit zoos they will stay open. Its high time that standards were changed and only zoos who met breeding and preservation standards be allowed to open. With the fantastic wildlife films of today it really isnt necessary or appealing to watch a lion or tiger pace around in a tiny enclosure.
It doesn't appear that anyone is blaming the tiger, not even the zoo keeper's family.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It doesn't appear that anyone is blaming the tiger, not even the zoo keeper's family.
Thank goodness for sensible people and what an amazing family.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 06:19 PM

It was so awful what happened to this lady but l suppose she always knew the job would come with risks.
When l read that there are more tigers in captivity than in the wild, l was quite shocked.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 06:27 PM

Just been listening to a man on local radio who worked with her sometimes as a wildlife photographer. He was shocked when he heard the news as he knew her well.
He said she really loved the animals she looked after, and had a tremendous rapport with them normally. BUT, the animal's enclosure is his own domain to him. Anything unusual appearing in there and the animal will investigate.

Of course it is a tragedy, but people are condemning it knowing little about it from all angles or natural behaviour.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top