Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 08:51 PM

Re: OMG! Those poor passengers at Heathrow and Gatwick

Read the article not long ago.

What a shambles! And I agree about the greedy hotels hiking up prices, because of demand! Oh for goodness sake...if you're taking much needed bookings, you're getting money in, so why inflate the rates?? Haven't the travellers suffered enough?

And it is totally impossible to sleep in a airport terminal, on seats or on the floor. Mum and I spent the night at one, because of the stupid early check in/flight time going to Fuerteventura. When we got to the villa, and went shopping, we were so tired we argued over the size of a loaf of bread!

I feel so sorry for these people.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2017, 09:53 PM

So do I and so often they are families who have to take a holiday in the school holidays .
Traveling is hell these days airlines trea passengers not as paying passengers but as cattle to be herded here and there at their convienience .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:20 AM

It was shocking to see all those poor people stood around over the weekend just trying to get to their holiday destination and most of them having to rebook. BA is going to have one hefty bill to pay. I hope.

We had just been to Spain for two weeks and was very happy to only have 30 minutes wait on the runway on our flight back. The last thing you need is stress trying to get to and from your destination.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 10:33 AM

In order to pay the compensation those poor people deserve, BA will probably put up its prices to pay for it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Personally I donīt think British Airways have ever been wonderful, Iīve had a couple of problems with them in years past. 16 years ago when coming to Spain from Kenya, our two very small dogs were booked with BA, booking made 3 months in advance. Two hours before we were due to leave BA called and told us they couldnīt get the dogs from Gatwick to Alicante so they had cancelled the booking for the dogs. I wonīt go into the stress and worry this caused, but a good friend came to our assistance, I was going to cancel our flights too, no way I was leaving without my dogs. We left our dogs with our friends, they organised for our dogs to come the next day with Lufthansa. Lufthansa actually telephoned us to check the dogs had arrived safe and sound and assured us that every care had been taken of them during their long journey, Mombasa to Nairobi, Nairobi to Frankfurt, Frankfurt to Barcelona and Barcelona to Alicante. The dogs were not in the least bit stressed and had been groomed during their short stay in Frankfurt. Not one apology did we receive from BA, neither did we get the air fare we had paid for the dogs refunded.

Two years later I booked a round trip back to Kenya with BA. I had to fly into Gatwick, then travel to Heathrow, on to Nairobi. I landed in Nairobi at 6 a.m. There are flights every hour from Nairobi to Mombasa, BA booked me on the 7 p.m. flight ! I went to the internal flight desk and booked and paid for the next flight.

I would never travel with BA again, Kenya Airways in conjunction with Dutch airlines is so much better and much less hassle.

It must be dreadful for all those poor people stuck at the airport.
I agree Clumsy. BA are certainly not the World's best airline as they claim. I think it's time the word 'British' was dropped from their name.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree Clumsy. BA are certainly not the World's best airline as they claim. I think it's time the word 'British' was dropped from their name.
And Airways at the moment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
And Airways at the moment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

30-05-2017, 11:21 AM

The hotel chains around Heathrow & Gatwick are money grabbing b****** at the best of times. Hiking the prices up like that should be illegal and warrant an investigation.
venator
London
venator is male  venator has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It would really defy belief that the mainframe computer of such a huge organisation didn't have surge protection, sounds rather a tall story to me I'm afraid.
I was a little puzzled myself. I know local businesses with 2 or 3 computers who have protection against surges and power outages. Would seem odd for an airport not to do the same.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2017, 04:29 PM

Power surge it is not, most likely a DOS attack with some security reason why they are denying it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top