Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 11:48 AM

Re: Do we have to go shopping on Boxing Day?

After sitting about yesterday, I'll pop out soon to get my paper, and have a wander down the High Street. Just waiting for some washing to finish.

Might look in the card shop, to see if there are any reductions. Bruv and sil buy theirs at vastly reduced rates just after Christmas, and tend to get for birthdays too. Had to laugh the other day: he showed me my Christmas cards for the next two years!
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 12:04 PM

It's a glorious morning here in Yorkshire. Bright sunshine and very warm - in fact been able to turn the heating off. I've got a pile of washing to do and today would be a great day to hang it out on the washing line. But it's not done is it? Not on Boxing Day? Grrrrr. So will have to wait until tomorrow when it will probably be chucking it down.
I need to buy more bed linen. Family coming to stay on 4th January for possibly several months (house sold, new one not yet found). Surely the prices at Dunelm will be the same tomorrow as today?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Nope, we are lucky, very very few shops open on Boxing Day around here

Local petrol stations open till lunchtime if you need to be on the road

Some English chains will open, but that depends on what town

We are just going to wrap up warm ( it's a cold one) and have a walk along the beach. We miss our dog who was pts 8 weeks ago. Just realised we haven't been out for fresh air and exercise for days
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
As other religions dont celebrate Christmas its safe to say its not Boxing day but, just another day.
Many non-Christians celebrate Xmas including most UK atheists, a good number of Hindu friends and no doubt British members of other faiths.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 03:46 PM

Got some bargains today. All the family Christmas cards for next year, half price, (plus most of the birthday cards), and in Sainsburys two pork chops for 90p.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Got some bargains today. All the family Christmas cards for next year, half price, (plus most of the birthday cards), and in Sainsburys two pork chops for 90p.
I know that's a good way to buy Christmas cards but I really don't think I could face it.
devon56
London
devon56 is male  devon56 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 06:09 PM

Top marks to my local Lidl for staying closed today.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know that's a good way to buy Christmas cards but I really don't think I could face it.
It wasn't bad. The shop wasn't busy, and neither was the whole market. A worthwhile visit for me, really.

And I've spent a few minutes removing the prices, attaching post it notes to mark recipients, writing them on a list, and also making a list of cards I still need to get.

Job done!!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It wasn't bad. The shop wasn't busy, and neither was the whole market. A worthwhile visit for me, really.

And I've spent a few minutes removing the prices, attaching post it notes to mark recipients, writing them on a list, and also making a list of cards I still need to get.

Job done!!
what's the betting that you won't be able to find the list next year (and maybe the cards too)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

26-12-2016, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
what's the betting that you won't be able to find the list next year (and maybe the cards too)
Oh ye of little faith!

Right. The bag from the card shop is atop a unit, tucked between the bread maker and a box that normally holds spare cards. The lists are in that bag.

All in one place.

So if I start asking, in a few weeks, where my cards and lists are...you can all tell me then, can't you? Lol.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top