Join for free
Page 237 of 274 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Re: Floydy's All-Time Top 1000 Favourite Albums

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's legendary isn't it, Missy? A one off really

More albums on the way very soon.....
Funny enough though I never heard of it until 1980

It was played at a party and I just fell in love with it and got my first copy of it the following morning

My original copy got scratched when someone fell over the record player so I went and replaced it, and they had changed the playing order, really hated that version, think they had added Dead Ringer For Love???

Took me a while to find the original

Don't get me wrong, I love Dead Ringer but not on that Album
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Funny enough though I never heard of it until 1980

It was played at a party and I just fell in love with it and got my first copy of it the following morning

My original copy got scratched when someone fell over the record player so I went and replaced it, and they had changed the playing order, really hated that version, think they had added Dead Ringer For Love???

Took me a while to find the original

Don't get me wrong, I love Dead Ringer but not on that Album
They tagged Dead Ringer For Love on at the end of Bat Out Of Hell after that single was a hit to sell more copies of 'Bat Out Of Hell'. I never understood why though because you'd think they might have pushed the Dead Ringer album instead as it's a very good record too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Time for two or three today:

No.30: “Hotel California” by The Eagles (1977)

The big one, but will it be The Eagles’ final entry in here?
Hotel California was a monster. With Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner having quit/left the band during the previous two albums (Leadon citing his distaste for rock music as his reason, Meisner having arguments with Frey and Henley (what’s new?), the band had the masterstroke of adding legendary rocker Joe Walsh to the line-up. This brought some much needed guts to the band’s music and the result was firstly on one of the best known guitar interplay duets ever recorded, the title song on here. But there were other superb moments too: Country song ‘New Kid In Town’, evergreen rocker ‘Life In The Fast Lane’ and ‘The Last Resort’’s glorious finale.
As usual with Eagles videos, they are patchy, but I’ll do my best:

Sleeve image:

Videos:

Track listing:
Side one
1. "Hotel California"
2. "New Kid in Town"
3. "Life in the Fast Lane"
4. "Wasted Time"
Side two
1. "Wasted Time (Reprise)
2. "Victim of Love"
3. "Pretty Maids All in a Row"
4. "Try and Love Again"
5. "The Last Resort"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 02:50 PM

No.29: “Abbey Road” by The Beatles (1969)
The Beatles final recorded album (I say ‘recorded’ as Let It Be was recorded around the same time but released later with its Phil Spector production).
Abbey Road is timeless, from the conspiracy-inducing sleeve to its beautifully-produced songs. It’s a masterpiece and a real showcase of what a band can do in just seven short years since their first album Please Please Me; like a different band altogether. I see this as a George Harrison album in the most part, his songs shining through like beacons: ‘Something’, ‘Here Comes The Sun’. But Lennon’s ‘Come Together’ and the medley on side two are both awesome as well. The conceptual design of the track running order and these wonderful songs ensured The Beatles went out on a high note musically if not personally as a band, which was a bit of a mess. As always, Beatles videos are heavily copywrited but these should be a taster for the album:

Sleeve images:

Videos:

Track listing:
1. Come Together
2. Something
3. Maxwell's Silver Hammer
4. Oh! Darling
5. Octopus's Garden
6. I Want You (She's So Heavy)
7. Here Comes the Sun
8. Because
9. You Never Give Me Your Money
10. Sun King
11. Mean Mr. Mustard
12. Polythene Pam
13. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
14. Golden Slumbers
15. Carry That Weight
16. The End
17. Her Majesty
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:10 PM

Just returned from a week in sunny (sometimes) Scotland. I took my laptop with me in order to keep up with this thread but was unable to connect all week, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

So far, glad to see Journey at 53.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 03:12 PM

No.28: “Rumours” by Fleetwood Mac (1977)
I’m putting you out of your misery, Ffosse. You are uncanny in your prediction qualities…
Rumours was the second album by the Buckingham-Nicks addition to the band, joining Mick Fleetwood, John & Christine McVie to form the “classic” line-up and this mega million selling magnum opus of a record.
From start to finish it’s a California album through and through with its sun drenched melodies and incredibly catchy songs, a million miles away from their blues roots, great as the band were then.
Let’s let the music do the talking – and as this is the final one for today, I’ll spend some time and do what I did with R.E.M.’s Automatic For The People recently – all twelve songs in order of appearance on video through the years and a documentary over the next three posts, the track list to start with. No shortage of videos available for this band…why can’t The Eagles behave like this! Enjoy!

Sleeve image:

Track listing:
1. "Second Hand News"
2. "Dreams"
3. "Never Going Back Again"
4. "Don't Stop"
5. "Go Your Own Way"
6. "Songbird"
7. "The Chain"
8. "You Make Loving Fun"
9. "I Don't Want to Know"
10. "Oh Daddy"
11. "Gold Dust Woman"

Videos:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 03:13 PM

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 03:14 PM

Documentary:
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just returned from a week in sunny (sometimes) Scotland. I took my laptop with me in order to keep up with this thread but was unable to connect all week, so I have a lot of catching up to do.

So far, glad to see Journey at 53.
Hi buddy!
Great to see you again, hope you enjoyed a good holiday (despite the weather!).
Yeah, we've had some good stuff on here - I don't know where you left off actually?
Go back anyway and catch up if you can mate, ignoring my frequent rants!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Rumours is another must have for the car

Ive a really old car with a 6 cd changer, Bat Out of Hell stays but the other slots get mixed up a bit. Rumours often has a spot

Page 237 of 274 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top