Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2014, 11:13 PM

Fish

Do Fish get a raw deal?.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 12:18 AM

Re: Fish

Perhaps the ones used for Sushi do . . .
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 07:39 AM

Or tartare or ceviche.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do Fish get a raw deal?.
Most definitely yes, there is no consideration given to our forefather- the fish, they are hunted nonstop in their millions, left to die then chucked into boiling oil for suppers throughout these Isles. Nobody seems to give a damn for the welfare of the fish, except if they are of the golden variety, the pampered ones who receive royal attention from the press and TV "No goldfish were injured in the filming of this series."
Of course if you happen to be a very big fish, like a whale or a Dolphin everyone wants to save you, but the poor herring, haddock and cod don't get a look in at all. Equality for all our finned friends! Save them all I say!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 09:59 AM

I agree Jem - I love the little fishes - they don't deserve such harsh treatment ......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 11:29 AM

Yes, on the programme last night about commercial fishing, thousands of Fish dredged up in the net and left gasping, just for a second it seemed rather barbaric, I wonder if they know they've had their Chips.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 12:40 PM

Love eating fish.. love eating meat.. and with both, I prefer to have my first introduction to my dinner through the plastic wrap in the supermarket cooler.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 01:23 PM

Poor Audrey, have you never experienced the joy of really fresh fish or meat?
Have you never caught fish or bought it freshly landed off the trawler? Have you never butchered meat?

I think too many people are too removed from the source of their food.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:01 PM

I´m afraid I´m like Audrey, I could never eat anything I´d seen alive or with fur, feathers or scales on.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2014, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Poor Audrey, have you never experienced the joy of really fresh fish or meat?
Have you never caught fish or bought it freshly landed off the trawler? Have you never butchered meat?

I think too many people are too removed from the source of their food.

BLEH! I'll stay removed thankie very much. I do not enjoy seeing killing.. but, hypocrite that I am... I like to eat.. and I like flesh like every omnivor. You catch it, kill it, skin it, gut it.. Invite me to dinner when you are done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top