Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 09:47 AM

Re: My poor dog

I am happy for you that she is still feeling better, certainly something to think of if we have any problems in the future.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 09:55 AM

Thanks Julie. She seems her normal, happy and nutty self now, its lovely to see. My only regret is not taking her sooner.
I've got to take my 16 year old gal, Pips, tomorrow for a check on a couple of things, and it always upsets me because she is so frightened there, even though they've always been kind to her. She's deaf as a post so you can't talk much to her to try and soothe her but she shakes so bad I'm frightened she will have a heart attack, she's so frail. She'll be fine once we get out their door again, but I hate to see her so distressed.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:00 AM

Oh dear I know that feeling luckily my current two love the vet bit we have had problems in the past. I used to take treats and a toy for our little Rosie (chi) that would distract her a bit, also I would leave them in the car until the vet was ready so none of the waiting in the waiting room getting more and more worked up. Good luck hope it's minor and easily cured for Pips !
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 11:48 AM

I'm so pleased to hear that Izzy is on the mend and getting back to normal. I've never heard of this type of treatment before and wonder how easy it is to find a practitioner.
I know how you are feeling about poor little Pips bless her. I had a little dog until 2yrs ago, who was also deaf and had cataracts and just shook when at the vets. I felt guilty taking him each time as he didn't understand that it was for his good.

I hope all will be alright with her. Let us know how she gets on.XX
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 07:42 PM

Well my old gal survived her veterinary visit this afternoon.
A year or more ago now, she had a disease (can't recall the name offhand), which attacked her claws and made them all drop off. I believe it was an auto immune problem and apparently quite rare. Anyhow, she recovered and in time, her nails grew back fine. So today I just wanted a mini MOT, claw check and urine check for kidney function.
My vet is the kindest man I've ever known, with a genuine love and respect for animals and not someone just out to "fill the till". (Think I am a little bit in love with him ) She tried to scarper just as we went into his consulting room, but coped fairly well after that. He understands she is frightened on his table, I think she feels she's lost control hoisted up in the air, which I fully appreciate, so he always kneels or sits on the floor with her instead. You'd be surprised how much difference that makes.
Anyway, he trimmed 2 or 3 longer claws, checked her heart (which was racing with stress), checked the wee sample I'd taken with me, her teeth, and her mobility, and then she was finished. All o.k. considering her age. She then had a tasty reward I'd taken in my pocket and we went home.
I think my old dog is bloomin' marvellous. She's deaf, had 2 strokes, and still carries on, never complaining or moody, and I love her to bits.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well my old gal survived her veterinary visit this afternoon.
A year or more ago now, she had a disease (can't recall the name offhand), which attacked her claws and made them all drop off. I believe it was an auto immune problem and apparently quite rare. Anyhow, she recovered and in time, her nails grew back fine. So today I just wanted a mini MOT, claw check and urine check for kidney function.
My vet is the kindest man I've ever known, with a genuine love and respect for animals and not someone just out to "fill the till". (Think I am a little bit in love with him ) She tried to scarper just as we went into his consulting room, but coped fairly well after that. He understands she is frightened on his table, I think she feels she's lost control hoisted up in the air, which I fully appreciate, so he always kneels or sits on the floor with her instead. You'd be surprised how much difference that makes.
Anyway, he trimmed 2 or 3 longer claws, checked her heart (which was racing with stress), checked the wee sample I'd taken with me, her teeth, and her mobility, and then she was finished. All o.k. considering her age. She then had a tasty reward I'd taken in my pocket and we went home.
I think my old dog is bloomin' marvellous. She's deaf, had 2 strokes, and still carries on, never complaining or moody, and I love her to bits.
I think I've fallen in love with her just by reading your post Mups she sounds gorgeous!

Glad it all went well...
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Hope Izzy continues getting betterNobody likes to see their babies in pain

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top