Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:10 PM

Re: As we age, is it fair to have pets?

Good for you Meg. I can fully understand that.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:27 PM

I've been pondering over this and have come to the conclusion that as long as provision is made for the dog should something happen to me I would be happy to get one at any age. And I fully agree with Meg re having a dog making me walk twice daily regardless of the weather.
Realistically, though, I have had pets for most of my life but each time one has died I have felt so traumatised that I have not been able to bring myself to have another one for at least a few years for fear of going through another loss. So if Bennie were to die I really have no idea whether or not I would take on another dog. If I did, eventually, I concur with the idea of an older dog from a rescue shelter. Don't think I could cope with puppy training!
Annabelle
Tasmania Australia
Annabelle is female 

20-06-2014, 05:59 AM

Our dog was adopted as a senior dog and we are happily drifting into old age together - I don 't think we will have another dog but you never know - so long as you have made arrangements for it's care can't see why not have one whatever your age so long as you can look after it while you are alive, after all we could all die at any moment, not just when we get really old! and on that happy thought .....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top