Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 10:22 AM

Dogs and skanky water..

Just been out for a walk with Troje, my mongrel cur.

It is it his less than n aristocratic breeding, or just generally being a dog, that makes him want to jump into the filthiest, skankiest looking pond around, but give him a bath... He acts like the most abused canine on the planet.

And he likes to drink out of nasty looking puddles as well....

Anyone else's dog do this?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 11:17 AM

Re: Dogs and skanky water..

Fairly typical description of most dogs exception in my experience being Chihuahuas they are quite divaish and really getting feet wet is a trial, and drinking out of anything but a clean bowl just not going to happen. But all my other dogs have been happy to lap at any water and roll in mud and dirty water all day.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 11:29 AM

He came out laughing all over his chops, then rolled himself dry in some cut grass, so looked like .. nothing on earth!

He really makes me laugh, but the pond was minging, honestly!
Annewat
New Member!
South Wales
Annewat is female 

19-06-2014, 11:37 AM

Hi, I have two greyhounds who have bowls of fresh water in the house but insist on drinking the green water from my water feature, they have been doing if for ever and don't seem to be having any ill effects.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 11:54 AM

When you think what goes into tap water perhaps they know better than to drink it !
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 12:11 PM

I wondered myself if tap water just doesn't have the savour of icky puddle water! The difference between a fine wine with a robust bouquet, and plonk, perhaps.

Glad to hear J and A that your dogs are similarly inclined. I must say though that when he does drink something really vile looking I do worry a bit, although he has been doing it all his life.

But as you say J, tap is full of all sorts, it reeks of chlorine or whatever here sometimes, even I can smell it and I'm not a dog. It wears off after a bit... evaporates I suppose.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 12:12 PM

My dogs will try to drink out of puddles, but I stop them. They have all their shots so I don't suppose it would hurt, but it grosses me out. What my dogs do so very much enjoy is rolling in bird poo. It's the ultimate dog perfume I guess.. They just roll and roll all over it until they get the fragrance just right I guess. bleh
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 12:21 PM

Not so much Chanel No5 as ChienNo2's..... Sorry, a bit gross that.

But my lad likes to roll in a dead decaying bird or animal, if he can find one. Or sheep\horse\cow dung...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 12:37 PM

I'll tell you what else is a particular delight for my dogs... Cat crap. Since I have indoor cats, the four of them share 3 big litter boxes. I keep the boxes in the back room. I have to put a gate up to keep the dogs out because if I don't I will find them bellying up to cat crap bar and eating those delightful crunchy crispy nuggets of ambrosia.
Margoletta
France
Margoletta is female 

19-06-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I'll tell you what else is a particular delight for my dogs... Cat crap. Since I have indoor cats, the four of them share 3 big litter boxes. I keep the boxes in the back room. I have to put a gate up to keep the dogs out because if I don't I will find them bellying up to cat crap bar and eating those delightful crunchy crispy nuggets of ambrosia.
Ew ew ew.... I've heard they do that, he doesn't thank god, but he snitches their crunchies if I'm not careful. They make him fart. As he sleeps on my bed at night its no joke, I can tell you! I wouldn't mind so much but he turns his head and looks at me as if I'VE done it!

***thinks*** should have called this thread Disgusting Things your dog gets up to....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top