Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 12:36 PM

Stay Away From Pet Treats Made in China

Pets, especially dogs have been getting ill from consuming dog treats manufactured in China.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-fo...eats-suspects/
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 01:18 PM

Re: Stay Away From Pet Treats Made in China

Completely agree AC, there have been reports of formaldehyde in raw hide chews from China too
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 01:29 PM

Yes we have been very careful for many years mostly I make home made treats and never have liked these raw hide things too easily become a choking risk IMO.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 02:36 PM

Hubby and I pour over the labels of our dog treats.. We will not buy anything "Made in China". We always stick with things clearly labeled "Made in USA" You have to be careful though. Lot's of packages say "Distributed by XYZ company in some US city" "Distributed by" and "Made by" are not the same. Chances are nearly 100% the crap was made in China.

This is what happens with our lax trade laws. China doesn't have regulations and restrictions like our countries do. They are killing our pets with poisons..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 03:02 PM

I am amazed at some of the rubbish people buy for their pets under the heading of 'treats'.

The only treats I give are whole carrots, fruit,home made dried liver and dried fish produced in this country.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am amazed at some of the rubbish people buy for their pets under the heading of 'treats'.

The only treats I give are whole carrots, fruit,home made dried liver and dried fish produced in this country.

Absolutely, but people need to be careful and do their research. Some foods that are great for humans can be deadly for pets.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/animal...ding-your-pets
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 03:16 PM

Wouldn't knowingly buy anything made in China
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2014, 03:30 PM

We've given our dog carrots but she's vomited from them being so hard to digest so I stopped. Because our other animals get various veggies, she likes them too, lol.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

20-06-2014, 03:33 PM

I wish we'd stop importing foodstuffs from China period but its all money, cheaply made goods, probably slave labour, etc.
It scares me that they'll be the next world power & they care nothing for animal's welfare in any shape or form IMO.
AudreyII
USA

20-06-2014, 04:43 PM

Does anyone else dogs get diarhhea from chicken? I always thought that plain boiled chicken was great for dogs, but mine get very loose stool from it every time I have given it to them. I don't add anything, and remove the skin. It's a puzzle..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top