Join for free
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2014, 04:48 PM

Any experts on springer spaniels?

I'm curious. My friend has had two springers. The first was 10 when she got her so perhaps a bit old to play, but the new one is only 2 years old. Bennie loves playing with other dogs, but she just wasn't interested despite being in perpetual motion. Then I thought about other springers I've met on dog walks and I don't recall ever seeing them playing with other dogs.

Are springers naturally antisocial with other dogs?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 06:29 AM

Re: Any experts on springer spaniels?

I personally know nothing about springers, but have seen them in play mode.
At 2 years old, it could be as simple as the dog doesn't know how to play?
Our Rollie was exactly like that when we first got him - he'd never learned how to play. He's going on 10 now, and is still a bit reserved at times. But when he's in the mood, watch out!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Re: Any experts on springer spaniels?

We see a springer every morning always in full on play mode, complete nutcase I think he is about 3 now. Our late Duncan (yorkie) came to us at 8 months and didn't know how to play, toys were a mystery. TBH he never really learned to play really was quite a serious little lad, toys were not his thing at all and we know he loved Molliepops but he never played with her despite her trying.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top