Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Re: Frogs squeak?

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
And here are the cats ... main protagonist, Edie (right) is a British Shorthair. The colour is called 'Lilac'

Fortunately she's not much of a hunter and has not hurt froggie
Evul personified .
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2014, 11:51 PM

Re: Frogs squeak?

Unfortunately, frogs are merely the very small tip of this introduced predatorial iceberg.
I know, I know, cats are lovely and cuddly and pretty etc etc etc and I expect to cop some flak for this post.

The FACT is that these felines torture, maim and slaughter MILLIONS of NATIVE fauna worldwide every single day.

And no, it is NOT "natural" because they are an introduced species against which native reptiles, birds and small furry creatures have absolutely NO instinctive defence.
In Aus at least - and probably elsewhere - cats have actually hunted some species to extinction !

Of course all cat-owners say "oh no, not my dear little moggie" or "mine is an indoor (?) cat".
It is probably true that feral cats cause the most damage BUT .... no domestic cats = no feral cats.

Domestic or feral, unlike other animals, cats hunt not only for food - they do it for fun or sport or whatever - causing unbelievable suffering.
I have never understood how genuine animal lovers could trivialize this.

It is far from uncommon for me to find dead or dying birds and other creatures in my yard having chased off a neighbourhood cat.

I reckon a substantial bounty on any roaming cat might be an answer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top