Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:01 PM

Raju the elephant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lled-face.html happy ending but have tissues ready for the story !
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 12:38 PM

Re: Raju the elephant

Tears rolling down my face too that man is so unkind . Most animals hell at the hands of humans does not go on for fifty years . Poor poor elephant sometimes I feel ashamed to be a human .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:23 PM

I was reading that on Facebook a wee while ago. It's awful the way people treat animals these days. That poor poor thing, am so glad he's free. I wish it was in my power to stop all suffering like this, and give the brutes who do it a taste of their own medicine for a while.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 01:29 PM

That poor elephant, how on earth could human beings let the poor animal suffer like that for 50 years

Thank goodness there are those who care for these mistreated animals and at last Raju will receive the love and care that has been missing from his life for all those years.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 07:20 PM

Sadly this is only one of the thousands of heartbreaking stories of man's cruelty to animals. The beautiful Raju will have a happy ending but many do not.

If anyone saw the Wild Burma programmes at the end of last year they showed an elephant boxed in and surrounded by men who were hitting it with all sorts of implements to break its spirit. Where is the humanity in that? Makes my blood boil.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:18 PM

Sorry, but I have an inkling of what it is about but cannot bring myself to click on the link. Animal cruelty is something I really cannot cope with...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Sorry, but I have an inkling of what it is about but cannot bring myself to click on the link. Animal cruelty is something I really cannot cope with...
Me neither, knowing the elephant suffered for so long is enough. I hate cruelty to animals if I look and read the story it'll stay in my head for days!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 08:46 PM

The elephant is one of my favourite animals. I love the way they are very family orientated and look after each other. They have a great wiseness about them.

Animal cruelty is unbearable to even think about. At the moment it seems to be missing dogs on Facebook. I posted "what's all this about missing dogs?". They're posted every day. I didn't realise that they are being stolen for bating. I was disgusted when I heard that and can't stop thinking about it. How can anyone be so cruel?

I'm so happy to hear that Raju now had freedom and is being well looked after. Thanks for sharing a story with a happy ending
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=orangutan;496476]Sorry, but I have an inkling of what it is about but cannot bring myself to click on the link. Animal cruelty is something I really cannot cope with...[/QUOTE]

I haven't clicked on it either Ania, for exactly the same reason. I know these things happen, but I really can't watch it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2014, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
The elephant is one of my favourite animals. I love the way they are very family orientated and look after each other. They have a great wiseness about them.

Animal cruelty is unbearable to even think about. At the moment it seems to be missing dogs on Facebook. I posted "what's all this about missing dogs?". They're posted every day. I didn't realise that they are being stolen for bating. I was disgusted when I heard that and can't stop thinking about it. How can anyone be so cruel?

I'm so happy to hear that Raju now had freedom and is being well looked after. Thanks for sharing a story with a happy ending

Sadly, this has been going on for a long time Alice, and it was discussed on here a while back. That is also why I've got no patience with people who advertise their dogs as "free to good home", because they are being collected and used for baiting too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top