Join for free
Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 10:57 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Midlothian Scotland

Good morning all. Hope you enjoy your walk May....I was supposed to be going on a walk with a group this morning but I've cancelled because someone is taking 2 dogs. I'm not keen on dogs. So I'll be walking on my own for 6 miles or so to a shopping park at Straiton......Then I'll get the bus home with my shopping. It's not quite the same as a group walk however I do enjoy a good walk. It's a gorgeous day here in Penicuik
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 12:09 PM

Hah.... haven't left the house yet! Been doing housework and having some lunch. I ordered a new pedometer which is supposed to be delivered today.....was kinda hoping it would be here before I start my walk. My last pedometer broke ages ago and I thought it was about time I got a new one. I have been doing the walk to Straiton once or twice a week for months now and I'm curious to find out how many steps/calories I'm doing. Our postal service is not good....some days we get mail quite early but mostly it arrives well into the afternoon. I know nowadays people use their mobile phones to monitor their exercise but my mobile is very basic and I hear that using the apps for such activities costs a lot of money. So that wouldn't suit me
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 12:44 PM

Afternoon Each,just back and like You Tess I got the bus back with My shopping...unlike You I don't think I could walk 6 Miles,2/3 is My limit these days,and organised walks are out I'm afraid as I don't know how the auld OA will be on the day.but just happy I'm still able to walk quite a distance most days
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Hi Tess ive got some Scottish blood in my veins,my gt grandma family came from Musselburgh,, i went to Edingburgh last year and was bowled over by it. Such a lovely place and people so friendly and helpful .Can i look in here now and then and if i venture up to Edinburgh again which im sure i will perhaps meet up with you all .
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

15-07-2014, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Hi Tess ive got some Scottish blood in my veins,my gt grandma family came from Musselburgh,, i went to Edingburgh last year and was bowled over by it. Such a lovely place and people so friendly and helpful .Can i look in here now and then and if i venture up to Edinburgh again which im sure i will perhaps meet up with you all .
Eliza feel free to join in any time......we don't bite lol......My mum is English so I'm mixed blood too!!
A meet up in the future would be great but for now welcome to our little Scottish club x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 03:56 PM

Hi everyone. Welcome Eliza

Just back from Mijas which was beautiful. Sitting chilling for a wee while. I'm glad the thread is going well.

Hope you're all having a nice day.
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

15-07-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by aquablue ->
Afternoon Each,just back and like You Tess I got the bus back with My shopping...unlike You I don't think I could walk 6 Miles,2/3 is My limit these days,and organised walks are out I'm afraid as I don't know how the auld OA will be on the day.but just happy I'm still able to walk quite a distance most days
What's the auld OA? Just back from my walk with my shopping. My pedometer tells me I walked almost 16,000 steps just over 7 miles and burned 440 calories cheesing
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK

15-07-2014, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Hi everyone. Welcome Eliza

Just back from Mijas which was beautiful. Sitting chilling for a wee while. I'm glad the thread is going well.

Hope you're all having a nice day.
Are you enjoying your holiday? It's a little overcast here today but was great for my walk
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tess ->
Are you enjoying your holiday? It's a little overcast here today but was great for my walk
Yes Tess I'm having a lovely time,but still like to keep in touch with what's happening back home. Well done on your walk
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 04:52 PM

LOL,OA is ostio arthritis on My Knee and spine,had one knee replaced but don't intend getting the other done in the near future (or ever) if I can help it....developed after an accident 20 odd yrs ago..just have to grin and bear it

You did well on Your walk Kid,if You keep going You'll reach London by Tomorrow

oops,forgot to say Hi to Myra,and welcome to Eliza

Page 5 of 20 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top