Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:04 AM

Re: Chronic back pain

I am a slave to Mrs Rehabs desires Mups, personally I would give it a miss, it’s very tiring and kinda messy, all that grunting and stuff and the obligatory fag when it’s over, I don’t even smoke. Very overrated in my opinion.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:11 AM

Poor baby, you take it easy now.
Don't want you injuring yourself for New Years Eve do we - miss out the fag.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I am a slave to Mrs Rehabs desires Mups, personally I would give it a miss, it’s very tiring and kinda messy, all that grunting and stuff and the obligatory fag when it’s over, I don’t even smoke. Very overrated in my opinion.
Tssk ... only a chap could make turning the mattress sound so exhausting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tssk ... only a chap could make turning the mattress sound so exhausting.

Get out of that one Rehab.
I think Morti knows you too well.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 07:52 AM

I have had chronic back pain for a couple of decades after several back operations. Initially I took painkillers regularly for it but then discovered that when it got really bad and they were desperately needed they didn't work.

These days I put up with the pain, it is like background noise after a while you don't notice it or at least it just becomes part of you. Now when it does get really bad I take my Oxynorm like lollies until it returns to normal.

Fortunately it doesn't stop me doing things - to be honest I am far more worried about the slowly developing arthritis in my fingers than the back pain because the latter is constant and consistent.

Stiff upper lip and all that...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 08:58 AM

Well, I had a pain-free night which really surprised me, going from cancer-like levels of pain to no pain at all. I think it's the diclofenac. It's as if the pain was suddenly switched off.

I'm feeling a lot better having caught up with my sleep too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, I had a pain-free night which really surprised me, going from cancer-like levels of pain to no pain at all. I think it's the diclofenac. It's as if the pain was suddenly switched off.

I'm feeling a lot better having caught up with my sleep too.
Getting a good night's sleep with pain is a step in the right direction. Great news.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:27 AM

Trouble is Ffosse, taking painkillers just takes away the symptoms and does nothing to eradicate the underlying problem, so it will return, and eventually (like Bruce) your body will adapt to the tablets and they will no longer work.

Investigate your sleeping habits ie. Mattress and pillows, try some gentle stretching exercises morning and night. These can be found on Google. Muscle weakness can be a major cause of pain in backs. It's surprising how such gentle exercises can provide suppleness and strength to flagging underused muscles.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is Ffosse, taking painkillers just takes away the symptoms and does nothing to eradicate the underlying problem, so it will return, and eventually (like Bruce) your body will adapt to the tablets and they will no longer work.

Investigate your sleeping habits ie. Mattress and pillows, try some gentle stretching exercises morning and night. These can be found on Google. Muscle weakness can be a major cause of pain in backs. It's surprising how such gentle exercises can provide suppleness and strength to flagging underused muscles.
Took the words out of My mouth OGF...keeping muscles strong by exercising is a must..I wouldn't be able to straighten up if I didn't do My stretching exercises first thing in the morning,then keep moving as much as You can...sitting around most of the Day in front of the TV or computer is not the way to go...I refuse to put drugs into My system except the occasional paracetemol.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2017, 12:00 PM

Yes, the doctor gave me some shoulder and back stretching exercises; these I must follow.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top