Join for free
Page 114 of 370 « First < 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 12:34 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Surfermom. I try to to do my Yoga 3 x per week, Monday, Wednesday and Saturdays, then the other gentler exercise on Monday afternoons as well. So that's 5 hours a week usually.

I did try a Zumba class a while back, but the music was deafening, and that put me off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'm very happy with things right now, Surfermom. Thanks
I was getting rather down in the dumps with various parts of my life, which affected my responses in some areas of this forum too.

My 'diet' is going well too. I'm sticking largely to my regime of healthy-ish snacks during the night, though at weekends I will relax things a little; a few pints, maybe a pizza etc.

Training is going great too. I've added another box to my own template which I use at the gym while I'm training to note down the details of each session (which is then posted here). The extra 'box' is for my previous session figures, and if I have that as a guideline, I can then force myself to do a few more reps each time or add weight.

All going well thanks again
Hi

Floydy, nothing wrong with your diet plan.

There is a dietician at my weekly clinic, a very down to earth lady, a farmers wife.

She reminds you that as you get older you burn less calories and the more you weigh, the more stress you put on your joints, so the less exercise you can do.

It is all about the balance and educating yourself, calories in and calories out.

She is a great advocate of one day off a week, that way you satisfy your cravings and are far more likely to stick to healthy eating the rest of the week.

Sunday is my day off, it works for me.

She is not an advocate of weighing yourself, as she points out, muscle weighs more than fat and weighing yourself can be very disheartening.

It is inches you need to lose, so you get some clothes one size smaller and make sure you can fit in them, then repeat the process.

It works.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 07:55 AM

Thanks Swimmy Good advice.
I'm not overweight, I'm just not giving in to a little excess weight going on the belly that's all. I'm happy with my diet plans too but after working a week on bloody nights I also look forward to a few beers at the weekend. Nothing in excess, just making sure I keep my friends and a social life. Otherwise life would be extremely dull and miserable.
So I'd rather have that and an extra inch on the waistline than living a sad and desperate existence.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 04:36 PM

Today was the third and final part of my new programme to determine what my starting reps are going to be and what I need to beat next time I go for a workout.

It was back/lats/biceps this afternoon and it was interesting to see how long the session would take me, which was only 40 minutes and fine for a Monday. The effort was there and it felt good but I’ll be moving a couple of the ‘push’ exercises into this one next time to even things out.
As before, three sets of each exercise:

Monday, 12 Feb 18

Lat pulldown, hammer bar, 35kg:
37/28/22

Lat pulldown, underarm, 35kg:
25/23/18

Machine curls, both arms, 25kg:
23/20/14

Ab crunch, 40kg:
40/36/25

Seated row, 41kg:
20/17/15

E-Z preacher curl, 85° vertical pull, 23kg:
28/20/15
*This is a great exercise. The seated preacher bench with an almost vertical setting for the arm pad ensures the arms are lowered with the bar just before they lock out, but not quite. Puts almighty strain on the full length of the bicep muscles.

E-Z preacher curl, 45° standard pull, 18kg
Fwd. fly dec (moved from ‘push’ programme)
*These exercises are to add next time. Noted just so I remember to add to my list!

It’s oh soooo tempting to go heavy, but I have to restrict those thoughts and stick with my programme. The arm curls are especially light but I must keep telling myself that I’m going for reps and stamina, rather than endurance and strength but the way I’ve devised this programme – going for max reps possible – I’ll see a good combination of everything.

These routines will work for me just fine as I can split them between three days. They don't take much time either, although the chest/triceps (push) session is designed for the weekend when I have more time to spare.

I’ll catch up with your posts later on folks
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Floydy, that's a solid way to round out your overall program. It will be interesting to see what you think after six weeks or so.

I'm in the last few days cutting back on calories. While the 6K is the short term reason for the hardcore dietary changes, it's more about the long term. I've been procrastinating about re-establising good eating habits that I tend to send on an South American vacation around Christmas.

We are socked in with fog right now, so I am running the beach in a little while. The eeriily quiet calmness of running through clouds is magical, and it seems to go by in half the time. No speedwork today, but I am running, actually pushing, a healthy eight. That said, it's probably better not to count my chickens....

Mups, I couldn't help but laugh about your Zumba experience. It wasn't the music that bothered me the first time I took a clas, but the fact that I was ever going right when everyone else was going....left
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

13-02-2018, 03:45 AM

Thanks Surfermom. Yes, I think six weeks is a good target to measure my progress. I'm thinking my fitness levels should be pretty good by then if I continue adding those extra reps. It's a good system because when I find myself feeling as though it's getting too easy with too many I can simply add some weight instead.
It also depends on if I'm too tired or I haven't rested enough, so these three sessions per week should be just about right. Legs today.

How could you see where you were running in the fog, Surfermom? I'd be a little scared I think not to mention feeling very cold. All credit to you though for battling the elements and going for it

Mups - Great to hear that you're enjoying your walking club, and Swimmy: Slowly but surely bud you will get there.

Bob - how are you bud? Feeling any better?
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 08:34 PM

Well its been a couple of months since I was on this forum and coming back to this thread has been amazing. We all have our way of getting moving and staggering into middle age. Aggghhh I hate saying that, but its an over 50 forum and so it has to be said..oh yes it does.

For me, after falling over in the woods and my daughter banning me from running until after her wedding things have calmed down. She had the wintery twinkly wedding she has always wanted and she looked amazing on the day. We even got a sprinkling of snow which was the icing on the cake lol. I had one faux pax when I got my heel stuck in the hem of my velvet maxi coat and apparently was caught chatting up the barman at midnight…

Since then I have been doing mainly strengthening and toning exercises and lots of yoga. But my PT and I went running yesterday and we did a 5 and 2. Sprint for five minutes and walk for two. We did this for an hour and I felt good.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 06:20 AM

What a lovely post, Cedronella! Best wishes to your daughter. Her wedding sounds like it was a lovely affair - minus the minor hitch or two.

I remember you mentioning that you had been sidelined from a fall. Do you think that your strengthening and yoga work sped up your recovery? It's an important lesson to the rest of us when an injury gets the better of us to keep moving - whatever that looks like.

Congratulations on your speedwork and walking efforts today. I am thrilled for you - you're back! I'm looking forward to hearing about your training.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Surfermom. Yes, I think six weeks is a good target to measure my progress. I'm thinking my fitness levels should be pretty good by then if I continue adding those extra reps. It's a good system because when I find myself feeling as though it's getting too easy with too many I can simply add some weight instead.
It also depends on if I'm too tired or I haven't rested enough, so these three sessions per week should be just about right. Legs today.

How could you see where you were running in the fog, Surfermom? I'd be a little scared I think not to mention feeling very cold. All credit to you though for battling the elements and going for it

Mups - Great to hear that you're enjoying your walking club, and Swimmy: Slowly but surely bud you will get there.

Bob - how are you bud? Feeling any better?

Floydy dear, I think you're getting me muddled up?

I did my hour's exercise on Monday morning, then took my dogs out, then did another hour in the afternoon.
That was enough for me for one day.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-02-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Floydy dear, I think you're getting me muddled up?
My apologies, Mups. I meant Cosmos

Page 114 of 370 « First < 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 214 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top