Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Pelvic Prolapse

Has anyone ever had one? Apparently they are supposed to be very common. I think I may have one and have booked a double GP appointment for her to give me an internal examination to see as I'm leaking out bits of urine

I have looked up the condition on the Internet so have read up a bit about it but just wondered if any lady on here has suffered with it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Re: Pelvic Prolapse

Interestingly, I was told ages ago after a bladder distension that I had a mild prolapse, though never having children.

I need to stand up to void my bladder and finally another cystoscopy discovered the problem. I have a diverticulum, a pouch that some urine goes into, which is why I feel I've never completely emptied. I'm having surgery in January. This also showed up on a urodynamics test, where dye was fed into my bladder through a catheter and seen on screen. My consultant is still referring me to an incontinence nurse though.

Good luck.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Hi Alison and Janet.
Just like to wish you both the best of luck, not pleasant conditions but I'm sure you'll both feel better when you've had your hospital and doctor appointments.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hi Alison and Janet.
Just like to wish you both the best of luck, not pleasant conditions but I'm sure you'll both feel better when you've had your hospital and doctor appointments.
Thank you, that's very kind!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2013, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Interestingly, I was told ages ago after a bladder distension that I had a mild prolapse, though never having children.

I need to stand up to void my bladder and finally another cystoscopy discovered the problem. I have a diverticulum, a pouch that some urine goes into, which is why I feel I've never completely emptied. I'm having surgery in January. This also showed up on a urodynamics test, where dye was fed into my bladder through a catheter and seen on screen. My consultant is still referring me to an incontinence nurse though.

Good luck.
Hello Jazzi, that all sounds very interesting and complicated. I've just looked on my CT scan report I had done a couple of months ago and it says I have a clonic diverticulosis, predominately involving the splenic flexure, goodness knows what that all means!!!! My problems with all this have only started about a month ago so I think I'm at early stages with it. Anyway good luck with your surgery in January Jazzi, it's a long way off but let us know how it goes after. Also good luck with the incontinence nurse.
Alicat
West Berkshire

03-08-2013, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Hi Alison and Janet.
Thanks Janela I hope you're cellulitis is improving.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 09:18 AM

My problems with all this have only started about a month ago so I think I'm at early stages with it. .
Oh dear Alison if it's not one think its another at our age isn't it.
I have some niggling bladder problems but after the recent detailed investigations into my chest condition with x rays, CT scan and sitting for hours in hospital and Dr's waiting rooms with lots of people I can't face anymore, I need to be on my own.

I hope you get things sorted out xhugsx

You too Jazzi .
Alicat
West Berkshire

04-08-2013, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Oh dear Alison if it's not one think its another at our age isn't it.
I have some niggling bladder problems but after the recent detailed investigations into my chest condition with x rays, CT scan and sitting for hours in hospital and Dr's waiting rooms with lots of people I can't face anymore, I need to be on my own.

I hope you get things sorted out xhugsx

You too Jazzi .
Hello Meg I don't blame you feeling like that after all you've been through Meg. Have you had any results yet regarding your chest condition? Bladder problems are very common and not neccessarily urgent, so they can wait, it's just having to put up with it. Actually I think mine is bladder prolapse not pelvic, I'm not sure until the doctors examination. Best wishes to you Meg anyway.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 06:30 PM

Just wanted to say good luck to you both, had a few bladder related problems myself over the years MS but not needed any surgery.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

04-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm a bit annoyed though that after having a urodynamics test, an MRI and a date for the surgery, AND an appointment with the incontinence nurse, another letter came on Friday wanting the tests to be repeated! Now I don't know if any wires have been crossed here, but there is no way I am having another MRI! That was one of the most frightening experiences: I never knew it was so noisy!

I sat in the consultant's office and looked at the MRI scan and the images taken of the dye urodynamics test, so am at a loss to understand why the repeat tests. The letter IS dated early July but even so. So tomorrow will phone and find out what's going on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top