Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 05:40 PM

Re: Who Takes What?

Oh you are a beast, I'm not even going to look incase there's a picture.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 07:57 PM

No picture Mups, but sounds lovely.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm the same Annie.
I couldn't eat liver, or any internal organs come to that, if I was starving. Oh . . or beetroot.
Or possibly the worst combination in the world - liver with beetroot! Bleurgh!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2017, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
When I make liver pate, for some reason I get the same emotional response as creamy chocolate

(I probably sauté my onions a little too much which gives it a rich flavour)

My recipe:

Sautéd onions in duck fat
Salt
Pepper
Garlic
Rosemary (yep!)
Chicken liver

Then added to home-made mayo in the food processor until creamy smooth. Yum!
Well now you're talking. I used to love liver pate as a child. It was a favourite on the fresh bread from the bakers my parents used to buy (in the days when we still had bakers!).

I've not tried it for many years but spookily enough my brother was talking about how he'd made some chicken liver pate at Sunday lunch with our mum today.

Sort of a manly thing to make I think. Like chili-con-carne or curries. Or fried black pudding (one of my dad's faves).

Maybe I will try making some with your recipe to be a sickeningly competitive sibling. I do have a thriving rosemary bush in the garden which is very handy. Not too sure about the duck fat. Not so easy to source at this time of year.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2017, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
No vitamin supplements for me.....a healthy balanced diet takes care of everything for me.
The problem is many people aren't aware of what a healthy balanced diet is. And achieving one, for many, is very difficult.

To answer the original question, I take the following:

A multivitamin made up of mostly fruits and vegetables
Fish oil
Magnesium (which was recommended to me by my doctor for leg cramps, which has completely eliminated them)
Thisilyn, on occasion, because I'm a drinker

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top