Join for free
Page 104 of 370 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:06 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Floydy, I know you must be disappointed that you didn't get any answers with the x-ray, but it also has to be a considerable relief that you could cross some big issues off the list. I'm happy it wasn't a significant injury. Good luck at the doctor!

Super good workout! Don't most guys like arm day the best?

I was able to manage only two miles before thick raindrops began to come down from angry looking clouds and gusts practically knocked me off my feet. Could this bitter rainy cold, thunder, and lightning be a warning for daring to dip my toe over in Social/Religion Discussions? The thought of God smiting me for doing so, leaving me toes up in the middle of a field in my running shoes and tights got me so tickled I started laughing, sputtering and barely able to breathe. Anyway, I pressed on for just one more mile, deciding that it wasn't worth getting chilled.

Oh gosh, I would continue on, but I just remembered I haven't done my abs and triceps so I have a date with my yoga mat.

Tomorrow I think I will stay safe, dry, and warm here in the excercise thread .

Have a nice Monday start!

P.S. Also a last randomenote that The Untouchables is a 5 star, shortlist favorite of mine too.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2018, 05:18 AM

Hi Surfermom.
Yes, it's an ongoing saga with the knees. At the moment they feel great and I've been on my feet all night, so it's looking promising!

It must have been pretty dreadful weather for you to give in to the elements today, but at least you gave it a go and made up a little bit with your floor exercises. keep that toning up!

I'll have to dip into the politics/discussions area - it's somewhere I don't usually venture because our politicians at least don't impress me whatever the party they belong. I'll read some of your posts I think. I've heard there are some stuffy old stalwarts in there, so don't worry about them; politics is a very opinionated subject I find.

Take care and likewise, enjoy your Monday
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 01:08 AM

Yay! I surfed. For a minute. Or two.

Brrrrrrrrr. I couldn't feel my feet for long, water temperature 12.2 C.

Know what the most difficult and most painful painful part of surfing this time of year? Trying to remove your wetsuit. I pull one direction, it pulls the other.

I am wiped out. No running today .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 12:15 PM

After almost forty years of running It still surprises me how two runs can be so different. On Sunday I was almost ready to hang up my running shoes. It started off fine and then at around six miles I fell to pieces. Lower back ached, my pace was pathetic, unable to even put on some style as I returned to the village, and the raging gale in my face didn't help. I arrived home totally devoid of any energy. Had it not been been for the stability of the house wall I would have collapsed in a heap on the drive....

The worst thing was, the time was a joke! I would have expected to have been able to run round the eight mile course again at such a snails pace.
So I approached this mornings run with a shed load of apprehension and a heavy Heart believing this to be my last ever foray out along those quiet country roads. Finally beaten down by advancing age and a defective heart...

How surprised I was when the miles rushed by at phenomenal speed and I arrived home not even out of breath.......And the time wasn't too shabby either...

Now where did I put my Budgie Smugglers? Lets see if I can swim a few lengths in the freezing water in the canal.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 04:18 PM

Surfermom,
It sounds like you used up more precious energy grappling with your wetsuit. Taking a dip in icy conditions is a surefire way to catch your death of cold, is it not? At least you made an effort but I'm sure you were much happier later on in the warmth of your home with a nice warm sweater and a large mug of coffee...

Bob - I remember when I used to run when I was in the RAF. Every night after work pounding those hills of Lincoln in all weathers. I would actually prefer jogging in the rain as it kept me cool, but no tow days were ever the same, same as yourself.
Dunno if you're familiar with Lindum Hill, or the even worse (and aptly-named) Steep Hill, which is mostly cobblestones and leads up to the cathedral, but I would do either route or sometimes a round trip and one day I would run a good 5-6 miles, on another I could be useless and end up walking back.

But mate, you recovered well enough to know yourself that you still have more than enough gumption in you to carry on doing what you enjoy after that second session and I'm sure there will be other ups and downs, but after all it's how we feel on the day itself. Well done.

- - - - - - - -

Myself, well it was an extremely quick routine today, but after Sunday’s comparative beasting, it was all that was needed.

Tuesday 30 Jan 18

DB Press, incline bench:
12x22, 12x24, 8x26, 6x28

Tricep extensions:
12x40, 12x50, 12x60, 20x35

Two-arm machine curl:
25x25 high reps

And that was that!

I won’t be able to do anymore until the end of the week now as tomorrow I have a ‘coffee afternoon’ with my sister, and on Thursday it’s my grilling of the doctor to sort out my knee issue once and for all (although I’m feeling right now that I may even cancel that).

Talk later
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

31-01-2018, 05:37 PM

OGF, yes, yes that running is never the same for me or anyone else makes life worth living. Well...a bit of an exaggeration, but it is indeed never a dull experience. Surprisingly though each wave in surfing is different, even it doesn't offer the unique feeling that comes with crossing the threshold every morning.

Isn't it remarkable, Floydy, that decades later, your brain thought it important enough to file away those hill runs when most of us can barely remember what we had for dinner the night before? It's a grand thing, this running business.

This Florida morning is one of illusion in which the south side of the house with its blue sky and arcing sun promise warmth, while the north side with its biting winds punish laughingly with its winter humor. One step around the corner has me bundled up andready to put some miles on these new-ish shoes. I want to try to run in just a tank and shorts - all those benefits of whipping up a good dose of vitamin D, but I am too much of a girl to suffer needlessly for my sport. I will leave it to you gentlemen.

I'm toying with the idea of running in a 10K race here in a couple of weeks. No reason to train for it since that's my favorite distance, and I'm not participating to win, but I think it might be good mentally to compete with my own time and see if I still have a little gas left in the tank. Too bad the forum doesn't have a t-shirt or I could represent....

Ooo, but now I think about it, the members at large might pay me not to wave the forum colors...

Alright, off to run...but heavens...how to concentrate on pace and form with all of these images of OGF in his banana hammock swimming the canals of Yorkshire and Floydy sporting his lumberjack shirt about town? (Insert emoji for swooning here.)

I'll just have to do the best I can.

Have a nice coffee with your sister, Floydy!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-02-2018, 05:18 AM

Yo Surfermom!
All credit to you for going for a 10-miler. As you say, you run that far normally so I reckon it would be a doddle.
I'm sure you could get a t-shirt printed with a cryptic reference to us perhaps?!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

01-02-2018, 06:12 AM

Well I cancelled my doctors appointment for today as I can't envisage myself sitting there looking like an idiot when he asks me if I'm feeling any worse with my knees and I reply "No I'm they are much better actually"! So I'll carry on as I am.
I'm sure it's a mixture of many things: slight arthritis, too much training, too little training (!), badly-fitting work shoes and the cold weather etc etc....but for now I'll monitor the issue myself.

So after my morning nap I'll be putting in a worthwhile training session. I'll certainly be training the legs (but I'll try to stick with the mediocre weighted high reps instead of pummelling the knees on really heavy stuff. A little upper body work to finish. Watch this space!

Have a good day all
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Not that I dispute the fact that Surfermom couldn't run ten miles Floydy (with her determination a Marathon would be in her grasp while she is still young enough..) but I think she meant Ten Kilometers (six and a quarter miles)....

Mrs Fox has been struggling with a knee injury of late Floydy, you haven't been seen her behind my back have you and she's caught it off you?...

I think I know what she did and although she visited the Doctors I believe the x-ray will have drawn a blank (when she eventually gets the results) Probably the same as yours Floydy, One small wobbly step or twist and bang! Soft tissue damage. Sometimes you don't even recall the event, but you certainly will have to put up with the results until the bruising/swelling goes down, and because knees are important and used every day, it might take some time.....

I always sleep with the blinds open at my bedroom window Nobody comes round the back and I love to lay looking at the sky. On my couple of nocturnal toilet visits I noticed that it was almost daylight outside, although I couldn't see the moon (it was directly over the house) I knew it was there, and it accompanied me on the first couple of miles on my early morning run. A magnificent sight as the sun came up on one side, and the giant moon eased it's way below the horizon on the other.

Although a satisfying run, not a notable one and it will probably be remembered more for the icy conditions under foot that had me slipping and sliding for most of the way around. The majority of my forward momentum was wasted as my energy was dispersed backwards as I kicked off so the time wasn't anything to write home about (or the forum) but it was a decent six at any rate.....Bringing my January total to 118.2miles.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

01-02-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

I'm toying with the idea of running in a 10K race here in a couple of weeks. No reason to train for it since that's my favorite distance, and I'm not participating to win, but I think it might be good mentally to compete with my own time and see if I still have a little gas left in the tank. Too bad the forum doesn't have a t-shirt or I could represent....

Ooo, but now I think about it, the members at large might pay me not to wave the forum colors...

Alright, off to run...but heavens...how to concentrate on pace and form with all of these images of OGF in his banana hammock swimming the canals of Yorkshire and Floydy sporting his lumberjack shirt about town? (Insert emoji for swooning here.)

I'll just have to do the best I can.

Have a nice coffee with your sister, Floydy!
Yes it does Surfermom, I've had one made up for you.......Send me

your address and I'll pop it in the post.....

Page 104 of 370 « First < 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top