Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 02:50 PM

Block Requests

Hi All,

As the forum grows it is inevitable that personalities are going to clash and sometimes, some people, are going to find it incredibly difficult to get along with someone they have taken a dislike to (or someone who has taken a dislike to them).

So here's the very simple solution. If someone is winding you up/upsetting you/making your blood boil to the point where you wish they just wouldn't take part in your threads or make references to your posts then...

1) Thank them for their input but politely ask them not to take part in your threads or respond to any of your posts again. Let them know why (who knows, maybe you can work things out).

2) If that fails, contact us via the Contact A Mod section to let us know the person who you would like a block with. We will then contact the other person and ask them not to take part in your threads or contact you on this site again - whether directly or indirectly.

Please note that (2) is permanent and that blocks are two-way, meaning the person requesting the block has the same limitations on their account as the other person in terms of contacting one another. Anyone who breaks a block request will be banned for a day - repeated breaks will result in longer and longer ban periods.

Sometimes we will issue these ourselves if we feel relations between two members are or becoming problematic or disruptive to the rest of the forum.

Hopefully this should keep everyone happy
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 03:11 PM

Re: Block Requests

Why not just enforce your own rules, particularly rule no. 6. This will solve many of the problems in my experience ! I know the philosophy of the mods is 'a light touch' but that is not the same as do nothing at all. When people are being very abusive I believe you should at least give out a warning. Maybe you already do so but you just don't tell us.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:17 PM

Well there you have it, you can now wash that man/woman right outa your hair and send him/her on his/her way via the new Block system, that should solve all the problems we’ve been having lately and make everyone happy, well nearly everyone. Well done Azz.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Hi All,

Please note that (2) is permanent

Sometimes we will issue these ourselves if we feel relations between two members are or becoming problematic or disruptive to the rest of the forum.

Hopefully this should keep everyone happy
An interesting and novel approach to avoiding antagonism between members. It may well work. Who knows unless you try it.
But permanent?
And can be issued by Admin?

It whiffs a bit of a strict draconian solution.
I know that sounds overly critical, apologies for that, but I'm always blunt and can't think of a more subtle way of saying it.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
An interesting and novel approach to avoiding antagonism between members. It may well work. Who knows unless you try it.
But permanent?

I know that sounds overly critical, apologies for that, but I'm always blunt and can't think of a more subtle way of saying it.
Who was it said "Never change a winning formula" I don't know but he was quite right
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Well there you have it, you can now wash that man/woman right outa your hair and send him/her on his/her way via the new Block system, that should solve all the problems we’ve been having lately and make everyone happy, well nearly everyone. Well done Azz.

Yep - you're 'nearly' right
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
But permanent?

YOU?
BLUNT Morty.
Well blow me, I never noticed that!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:12 PM

I don't think any thread starter or poster, should be allowed to 'own' a thread and dictate who they don't want to post on the thread.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't think any thread starter or poster, should be allowed to 'own' a thread and dictate who they want to post on the thread.
Couldn't agree more Art it spoils the entire point of a discussion forum !
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
YOU?
BLUNT Morty.
Well blow me, I never noticed that!
Behave ..
..or I'll have to get my whip out.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top