Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 09:47 PM

Aluminium and toxic free deodorants

My son is soon to be 30! He's not great at saying what he'd like for his birthday and much as I'd like to buy some grand gesture, I have no idea what to get.

Soooooo.........something I'm considering is to buy him a some aluminium and toxic free deodorant. You may think this a very strange choice but this year we've seen so very many celebrities die from cancer and last year a close friend of mine died, also from cancer. I can't help but think it's got to be caused by something we're using or ingesting. Spray deodorants, spray on chemicals of any kind, room scenters and perfumed candles are top of my list. So........I thought I'd enquire about aluminium and toxic free deodorants.
I realise the age group here isn't the target age, but does anyone have any recommendations or thoughts???
(no funny ideas please)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 10:23 PM

Re: Aluminium and toxic free deodorants

I don't think I'd give aluminium & toxic free deodorant to my son for his 30th. I understand your concern - but for his 30th birthday??????.

Give him the money - a music voucher - an Amazon voucher..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 10:36 PM

Lindyloo, your son is probably at less at risk of accidental contact with carcinogenic substances than you were, 30 years old, buy him a flash car.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
something I'm considering is to buy him a some aluminium and toxic free deodorant. You may think this a very strange choice but this year we've seen so very many celebrities die from cancer and last year a close friend of mine died, also from cancer. I can't help but think it's got to be caused by something we're using or ingesting.
Nothing strange about this Lindyloo and well done for realising the dangers. In years to come they will reveal how Aluminium and Alum compounds in anti-perspirants have contributed to breast cancer imo.

So . . . .

First things first. You have to accept that there is pretty much no anti-perspirant on the market that does not contain Aluminium or some form of Alum compound, so don't try to find one.

You have to accept that sweating is a natural body function which is a part of its detoxing. Blocking the skin pores up with commercial products is a bad thing.

With that in mind then you must move from anti-perspirants to just deodorants. So your son will still sweat but we will mask that smell with nicer smelling deodorants which don't contain any Alum crap.

Check out the range here from Holland & Barrett
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...otalNumRecs=34

For men the Hemp, Vit E and Dead Sea "flavours" are probably best.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 11:07 PM

quote " My son is soon to be 30! He's not great at saying what he'd like for his birthday and much as I'd like to buy some grand gesture, I have no idea what to get." unquote

Forget deodourants and get him a years suppy of condoms
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2016, 11:14 PM

Lindy, if it's any help, have a look at these.

http://www.handmadenaturals.co.uk/50...rystal-roll-on
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
First things first. You have to accept that there is pretty much no anti-perspirant on the market that does not contain Aluminium or some form of Alum compound, so don't try to find one
There are many aluminium free anti-perspirants available.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 03:44 PM

I brought my daughter a natural crystal back from Australia , she says it's very good , has anyone tried them . I've felt for years that deodorants are causing breast cancer , it seems to make sense .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 04:10 PM

I use this one, brilliant

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sho...orant-60083398
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
There are many aluminium free anti-perspirants available.
Ok, could you cite say 3-5 of them please?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top