Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 11:23 PM

Re: Kneecap problem

The woman doing the xray wasn't very nice to me, I think she's a bit prejudiced about overweight people and I think somebody had upset her beforehand. I told her did she realise it was my left leg not my right but she didn't answer me, and when she had finished and we walked out she said to the receptionist "I've calmed down a bit now".

I will phone my doctor and tell her about this and ask to have it done again at the main hospital. Because of the bad weather I haven't done that yet but I have got some more painkillers.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2010, 11:35 PM

Sorry to hear that Alicat. Even if someone had upset her, she should have been more professional and not taken it out on you. Hope you get another x-ray quickly and then you can get whatever treatment you need. Take care in this weather
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Sorry to hear that Alicat. Even if someone had upset her, she should have been more professional and not taken it out on you. Hope you get another x-ray quickly and then you can get whatever treatment you need. Take care in this weather

Thanks merz.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2010, 03:45 PM

That is unforgiveable Alicat, tempting to make a complaint to the hospital but you just want your knee fixed as soon as possible don't you, not more hassle, especially now x
Alicat
West Berkshire

03-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That is unforgiveable Alicat, tempting to make a complaint to the hospital but you just want your knee fixed as soon as possible don't you, not more hassle, especially now x
I know what you mean maryl and I will complain but what with one thing and another plus the snow and ice, the doctors are so busy at the moment. But I'm not happy about it and I will make it known. Thanks.
Alicat
West Berkshire

08-12-2010, 09:21 PM

Just to give closure to this thread, I went back to the doctors today and she said the x ray that was done originally was fine and they took xrays of the other leg to compare both legs. The doctor was happy with the xrays taken so no more needs to be done. I got her to prescribe some more painkillers incase the pain flares up over Christmas.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2010, 09:47 PM

Did the doctor say what was causing the pain, Alicat?
Alicat
West Berkshire

09-12-2010, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Did the doctor say what was causing the pain, Alicat?
Hi Mags, she said it was a bit of wear and tear and a bit of (wait for it, I've got to try and spell it) osteroprosis (not right but you know what I mean).

No doubt my weight doesn't help the situation either.

It's not half as bad as it was (pain wise).
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2010, 02:56 AM

Alicat, there are a lot of OTC supplements that help with osteoporosis; as well as prescription meds, did the doctor recommend anything?
Alicat
West Berkshire

09-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Alicat, there are a lot of OTC supplements that help with osteoporosis; as well as prescription meds, did the doctor recommend anything?
Hi dandysmom, the doctor gave me a sheet of exercises to do, haven't done them though. I am a very obese person dandysmom, losing weight will definitely help. I will have a good old bash at it next year.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top