Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 01:24 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Indeed, some very helpful posts.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 02:35 PM

Well, I made it out to the Co-operative and back without having a panic attack although I did take one tranquiliser. I've been having panic attacks off and on since I was 19 so that is 32 years - they go along with the depression.

I don't much like that supermarket as they are expensive and it's very small - not nearly as much choice as Tesco. I'm aiming for Tesco on Saturday or Sunday perhaps.

I've realised also that I've got a bit of derealisation going on: familiar buildings and places appear unfamiliar - quite a disquieting experience. I see my G.P. on the 20th and will have to wait until then.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well, I made it out to the Co-operative and back without having a panic attack although I did take one tranquiliser. I've been having panic attacks off and on since I was 19 so that is 32 years - they go along with the depression.

I don't much like that supermarket as they are expensive and it's very small - not nearly as much choice as Tesco. I'm aiming for Tesco on Saturday or Sunday perhaps.

I've realised also that I've got a bit of derealisation going on: familiar buildings and places appear unfamiliar - quite a disquieting experience. I see my G.P. on the 20th and will have to wait until then.

Until you do there will always be somebody on here to help! It may only be a chat or advice, but it us always better to share when you have problems.... and we are not a bad lot at helping!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 04:32 PM

Hi

You got out, be proud of yourself.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-11-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Until you do there will always be somebody on here to help! It may only be a chat or advice, but it us always better to share when you have problems.... and we are not a bad lot at helping!
That's such a great solace, thank you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2017, 07:36 PM

Dreamy I am glad things are gradually improving.
I am also glad you joined this forum.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-11-2017, 11:36 AM

I got just 2 hours sleep last night with a raging headache and diaorhea.

I phoned my doctor at 8, saw her at 9:30 and she says I'm suffering from stress, associated with the low mood, which explained my symptoms. She's prescribed me some codeine as the paracetamol wouldn't touch the pain. Drinking on Tuesday didn't help but this is like a permanent hangover. I phoned the Samaritans last night, also, just to vent a bit. Pain and sleeplessness combined with my stomach problems isn't nice.

I know someone much younger (30) whose stress manifested itself like someone who had suffered a stroke, complete with one-sided paralysis yet it was just stress.

I'm lucky, really, having such good doctors 500 m from my house.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2017, 11:56 AM

Oh, Dreamy you poor thing.
If you have the runs, make sure you are replacing fluid - Drink lots of water.
Do you have no-one to look after you?
I thought your sister was back in your life.
Try and rest my friend, and write on the packet each time you take pain relief, as I want you to be careful.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-11-2017, 12:00 PM

I'm very careful with the codeine, not taking too much. My sister was back in my life yet is no more.

Conflicting personalities, I think.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm very careful with the codeine, not taking too much. My sister was back in my life yet is no more.

Conflicting personalities, I think.
Oh dear. I do know that talking about problems helps.
But nothing beats a hug. I send you a BIG virtual hug Dreamy.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top