Join for free
Page 94 of 276 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 01:24 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They’ve got me on different drugs this time so will take a bit longer.
We will do updates later.
I have just got home. x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 01:31 PM

I hope it all goes well for you Ffosse...
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:27 PM

Well today's chemo is all done, but it spawned a further 4 appointments with the nurse, 3 to have blood taken in addition to the blood I get taken two days prior to chemo and one to have the drug I've to keep in my fridge injected on Friday.

I'm sick of appointments - it got to the stage where they were clashing with each other and I had to sit down with the haemotology nurse and sort them all out on my phone today. I just want my life back - not to have to turn up for something new every Monday to Friday etc. It's not fair on me to have to go to the hospital on consecutive days for what could have been 1 day.

Otherwise, I got the usual dosette of pills including 4 days worth of steroids. The nurse today assured me that they weren't just to make me starving but have other effects countering the chemo.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 02:33 PM

Oh dear Dreamy, I know you must feel it is taking over your life.
I hope that all this is going to make a difference, it is just exhausting getting there. lol
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 04:21 PM

It has taken over my life for the moment - at least there are no appointments on Saturday or Sunday.
TBF it is all for my own good, I just had no idea it would wear me down so much - the chemotherapy plus all the appointments.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:18 PM

It has taken over my life for the moment - at least there are no appointments on Saturday or Sunday.
TBF it is all for my own good, I just had no idea it would wear me down so much - the chemotherapy plus all the appointments.
It does take over your life Ffosse, I have four regular appointments every fortnight, then there’s the scans and consultant appointments too. My days have changed for next week with it being a bank holiday. It makes it very difficult to make plans.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-05-2018, 05:26 PM

Yes it does.

I’ve realised, though, that all my appointments are with my local nurse until the 12th. I don’t have to go to the hospital until the 12th for my CT scan, then I’m at the hospital quite a lot for a while including my 4 days or so in-patient methotrexate treatment.

So I have to look on the bright side - at least I can walk to my G.P surgery without being too much out of breath.

The methotrexate worries me a little. I have a tendency to walk or act out when I'm sleeping and last time during the night I bit through the drip twice on consecutive nights (it didn't matter much as it was just saline and bicarbonate of soda, but what if I had bitten into it when it was the chemo drug?).

The methotrexate is given in one long 12 hour infusion, whilst the saline and bicarbonate are infused continuously - I'll have to see if I can be given it from, say 10 'til 10pm to avoid anything nasty happening.

Anything can happen when I'm asleep in hospital - it's just with it being a strange environment; I'll sleepwalk but usually a nurse will be able to guide me back to my bed. Perhaps that's why I bit through my tubes last time? I'd be unable to sleepwalk with a machine plugged into the wall.

It sounds as though you have as many if not more appointments than me, Val J. Do you have someone to drive you to the hospital and back? How far is it? What's annoying about mine is that they are all departments in the hospital within different buildings so is sometimes tricky getting a taxi back unless they have an exact address.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-05-2018, 06:54 PM

Felt a bit rough earlier but have been eating and drinking normally. My temperature was 38.5 at one stage but has come down now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

24-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Felt a bit rough earlier but have been eating and drinking normally. My temperature was 38.5 at one stage but has come down now.
WHAT???? That must have been scary Dreamy.
Glad your temp is OK now. lol
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-05-2018, 08:43 PM

I just hope I haven't picked up a bug as sooner or later I'll have to phone Haemotology and it will be a visit to Ward 2.

I slept a bit from 4 to 6 and felt better for it.

Page 94 of 276 « First < 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top