Join for free
Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Flouncing - What’s it all about

It's only a forum .
It's not real life and if it were isn't it better to stay and stick up for what you really believe in ?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
The Over 50’s Forum also contains real, genuine people who have feelings and emotions. Don’t knock them!

Thank you for including me in your excellent observations there Art.
You are obviously a very caring and genuine and lovely Woman.
In the meantime:

Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I can't see any point in deciding to "Announce the Flounce" (sounds like something RuPaul would say)

It's mostly drama queens seeking attention and wanting to be begged to stay. If you don't like it , just stop posting, no one's twisting your arm up behind your back.

But I can add two more types I've seen a lot.

The Moral High Ground Flounce

...I've always loved this forum but it's become so hostile/aggressive/racist/bullying/PC/right-wing/left-wing etc/etc that I've got to leave.

Partly attention seeking and wanting to be begged to stay, partly wanting to mode the forum to their own way of thinking with a threat to leave. They seldom go far.

The Revenge Flounce

Someone's upset them or they're losing an argument so they announce their flounce blaming this person hoping it will lead to their enemy being roundly condemned by all. This type ain't going nowhere, there's usually not even a pause in their posting.
Two excellent additions to the growing list of Flounces I have known.

You are nobody until you have Flounced

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D33E9D47-BB82-4743-B85F-D9FC97A9ABBC.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	5022  
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 12:46 PM

Why do people get so wrapped up in these throwaway threads that they end up taking it all personally and crying all the time? Makes me wonder how people cope with real life situations sometimes, it really does. I thought it was just teenagers who were affected so deeply by the internet.
Just leave the thread for a few minutes folks if it's really that distressing, have a coffee and get your heads together.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 01:45 PM

I'm no forum expert, but just from reading posts on this forum over the last years, it's quite obvious that many posters either know each other from elsewhere, or have met up with other forum users. This, I think, gives them a common bond, knowing that they can always count on support from their friends, which is only to be expected.

At the end of the day it's an internet forum, different types of people, some are patronised, some are ignored, some are insulted, some want to be in with the "in crowd", some don't, for some it's a lifeline of communication with others, some are "always right", some are "always wrong", some have more time than others, some don't. Nobody is held at gun point to be here.

At the end of the day it's a forum, no discussion on here is going to change the world or the people in it. It could however change the life of someone who joins the forum only to be put down at every turn, not everyone is emotionally strong.

I do agree with Floydy though. I often read posts and wonder if they are actually written by an adult. Perhaps people have the same view on my posts, I don't know, it doesn't really matter, I'm sure I'd get over it. So just for fun, here is a "funny" article.

https://planetbotch.blogspot.com.es/...-in-style.html
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:07 PM

I'm more.........

............should probably try flouncing
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:11 PM

That's why I left a previous forum - too many trolls and people with 50,000 posts in a couple of years seeming to believe that the forum was their own property.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I'm no forum expert, but just from reading posts on this forum over the last years, it's quite obvious that many posters either know each other from elsewhere, or have met up with other forum users. This, I think, gives them a common bond, knowing that they can always count on support from their friends, which is only to be expected.

At the end of the day it's an internet forum, different types of people, some are patronised, some are ignored, some are insulted, some want to be in with the "in crowd", some don't, for some it's a lifeline of communication with others, some are "always right", some are "always wrong", some have more time than others, some don't. Nobody is held at gun point to be here.

At the end of the day it's a forum, no discussion on here is going to change the world or the people in it. It could however change the life of someone who joins the forum only to be put down at every turn, not everyone is emotionally strong.

I do agree with Floydy though. I often read posts and wonder if they are actually written by an adult. Perhaps people have the same view on my posts, I don't know, it doesn't really matter, I'm sure I'd get over it. So just for fun, here is a "funny" article.

https://planetbotch.blogspot.com.es/...-in-style.html
Excellent post !
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I'm more.........

............should probably try flouncing
HAHAHAHAHAHA That is so damn funny. I must use that on my son when he calls and asks me to lunch. I will say "I can't go now, someone is wrong on the internet". He will have me locked up

You Brits make my day. I have this forum on now as soon as I wask up. I run for a pee, get coffee and right back in bed with my laptop, to see what you all are saying now. Funny!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2018, 02:54 PM

Never flounced in my life, blimey, don't even know where the ignore button is or what it is for!!! If someone upsets me on here, I just curse them under my breath, pop my trusty helmet on, flick them off my shoulder and get on with it.

Page 11 of 21 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top