Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2018, 09:24 PM

Re: Gall stone Operation.

Keyhole surgery for removal of gallstones. is a remarkable advancement on what used to be described as a quite big operation .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 10:57 AM

I was in agony a couple of years ago when I had 3 Gallstones stuck in my Bile Duct. I had to get them removed through an Endoscopy, first time it failed and they couldn't get them. I was 6 months on pills that softened them and then had the procedure again, this time it worked, thank goodness but there's no way they could have been flushed out.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:27 AM

That sounds painful Roxy

I had a pain in my back for years it wasn't unbearable or anything but the doc said it was gall stones. Had the opp in Harrogate General in at 7.30am out at 2.30pm out shopping at the supermarket two days later.

The surgeon told me everyone has gall stones but not everyone gets sick with them.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2018, 11:33 AM

I rang my d-i-l this morning to see how she was following yesterday's surgery. She was given paracetamol and codeine to bring home for pain relief, but she has not needed them, and had a reasonable night's sleep.

When I had my op it was open surgery with a six inch scar, but I did manage to go back to work two weeks after a week in hospital.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 02:28 PM

In response to the plethora of ignorant derision from various "usual suspects" here I will say this.

If you sit there waiting for gallstones to reach the size of marbles then you're an idiot.

If you sit there waiting until cancer stars showing itself instead of pro-actively fighting it off before it even takes holds . . . then you are an idiot.

If you lead an unhealthy lifestyle, eat crap food and don't take responsibility for your own health, research, educate yourself. . . then you are an idiot.

Anyone can do a gallbladder flush and do so quite safely.

You don't have to wait until you suddenly experience a gallbladder attack (which I have BTW so I DO know what I am talking about).

Gallstones amass over time and gain in size. Just assume you have them and that if left unchecked you will eventually suffer a gallbladder attack. Do a gallbladder flush and actually check to see if there were any gallstones.

In the final analysis, anyone who is suffering gallbladder problems has nothing to lose by first trying a flush. If their stones are too big to flush then they will go to hospital anyway to get them removed.

A flush gives you the option that the stones might flush out naturally, so no invasive procedures, no hospital visit, and a healthy result. It's simple, cheap and makes you feel great.

No flush means 100% invasive hospital procedure.

The choice is simple.

Add to this that if your flush does result in large stones getting stuck you'll be treated very quickly in the hospital as an emergency rather than go on a wait list.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 03:47 PM

My "idiot" of a d-i-l had absolutely no symptoms of gall stone problems until three months ago, when it was discovered that she had a marble sized stone on scanning. Her consultant told her that the vast majority of the population have gall stones of which they are unaware and cause no problems. I might also add that my grandson's 25 year old "idiot" partner had gall stones removed six months ago, again only with recent pain.

What it is to be a know-it-all.

p.s. My bowel cancer two years ago was found on routine exam, I had absolutely no symptoms nor indication whatsoever.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 05:42 PM

I too had no symptoms of gallstone problems until the onset of acute pain. Why on earth would anyone start treating themselves for something they don't know they have, i.e giving themselves gallbladder/liver washouts.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:21 PM

something I am glad I don't have to suffer any more
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Had gall stones a few years ago, key hole day surgery set for approx 6 months after diagnosis. Came to fully about 8 at night with the surgeon there to tell me the gall bladder had shrivelled up and to remove would involve the full operation rather than key hole and he decided to leave well alone. I spent the night in hospital and got home next day, reacted badly to the anesthetic
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2018, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
Had gall stones a few years ago, key hole day surgery set for approx 6 months after diagnosis. Came to fully about 8 at night with the surgeon there to tell me the gall bladder had shrivelled up and to remove would involve the full operation rather than key hole and he decided to leave well alone. I spent the night in hospital and got home next day, reacted badly to the anesthetic
Was the surgeon saying that the gallstones had shrivelled up along with your gallbladder. If your gallbladder was not functioning properly then would the most practical thing be to remove it, thereby preventing future problems.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top