Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Winter Olympics?

Just been listening to a noisy debate as to whether we should be spending money on Winter Olympics. Sadly we aren’t doing to well.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:30 PM

Re: Winter Olympics?

I thought we were!
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:36 PM

1 gold and 3 bronze I think to date. Not a huge return for all the money and effort. But having said that I think we should take part, after all we are a sporting nation.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:46 PM

I'm enjoying the Winter Olympics, especially as both the GB mens and women's teams are doing so well in the Curling.

Yes, we are a sporting country but it's a shame we haven't the snowy facilities here as many of the other participating countries have.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 01:46 PM

Just look at Austria - not even a bronze in the Summer Olympics, and not too great a showing in the Winter, either, for an Alpine country, well behind Holland and Germany.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tezza ->
Just been listening to a noisy debate as to whether we should be spending money on Winter Olympics. Sadly we aren’t doing to well.
Who cares? There are much more important things to be concerned about in this world of ours.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 04:31 PM

I've enjoyed watching the GB Ladies Curling team in action. I think they have done really well, especially beating the Canadian team, for which Curling is one of their national sports. Well done ladies, to have gone so far as to reach the Semi-Finals is a feat in itself.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 05:03 PM

I wanted to see the figure skating and ice dance but missed it. On other occasions it has been on late at night which was great but hasn't been this time and it isn't the same recording it as watching live .
Tezza
Kent

21-02-2018, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Who cares? There are much more important things to be concerned about in this world of ours.
That is perfectly true, and in a perfect world the question wouldn’t arise. But sadly it isnt and we have to get some pleasure where we can, and sporting events give a lot of ordinary people a break from the rigours of an imperfect world.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm enjoying the Winter Olympics, especially as both the GB mens and women's teams are doing so well in the Curling.

Yes, we are a sporting country but it's a shame we haven't the snowy facilities here as many of the other participating countries have.
I do think that's a problem for us, having to train on fake snow or synthetic ski runs etc. I think considering we don't have the real we are doing quite well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top