Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:01 PM

Re: The weather can make you sick...

Interesting replies, thanks everyone.....

I am curious, does anyone feel sad when it rains? Or does anyone notice any difference with your eyes?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:24 PM

I like soft rain, not the blowing horizontal kind. It doesn't make me sad; one of the nicest feelings is to be safely ensconced at night while it's raining heavily outside.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I like soft rain, not the blowing horizontal kind. It doesn't make me sad; one of the nicest feelings is to be safely ensconced at night while it's raining heavily outside.
I agree Ffosse, I can sleep so well, if I hear the rain pounding down on my windows.....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 12:34 AM

It's soothing - I often use an app with rainfall sounds or nature or clocks or a natural bonfire to help me drift off.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

18-02-2018, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's soothing - I often use an app with rainfall sounds or nature or clocks or a natural bonfire to help me drift off.
Hey, that's a good idea Ffosse.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 08:50 AM

I like to walk in the wind and rain but then - I'm weird - I know that because my friends keep telling me so!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:26 AM

The weather definitely affects me. I hate cold wet weather, I don't mind warm rain in the summer, but I could, and would, get very down in winter when still living in the UK. I was diagnosed by, our then doctor, as suffering from SAD. Since living abroad things have definitely improved. We do get cold and miserable weather at times, but we know it isn't going to last and that summer will most definitely arrive. Mr Clumsy's asthma and associated problems most definintely improved greatly out of a cold and damp climate.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-02-2018, 10:32 AM

My friend in Oklahoma is leaving her house, partly due to mould. She is going to Florida where she says the weather will suit her better.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2018, 10:45 AM

I like our seasons and the different weather we get, have to admit though the winter this year has seemed very long to me. I think it's the lack of light, we have had so many cold grey days one after the other it gets me down a bit.

But guess what, snow drops and camelia buds....spring is here..yay
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-02-2018, 11:00 AM

Yes, Spring won't be long - has been a dank, dark and quite cold Winter I've found.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top