Join for free
Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 04:25 PM

Re: Chemotherapy

Not on my laptop it doesn't.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 04:28 PM

On my Mac the link goes to a Log in or Register for free page.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 04:30 PM

The precis is that MRI is generally superior and is catching up with CT quickly but hospitals use both to have the best imaging possible.

https://www.woosterhospital.org/arti...een-ct-and-mri
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Sorry again, you have enough worries. I will google.
Hugs sent. x
No apology needed Sweetie, hope you get it sorted. x
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm sure you will.

I think I'm less positive as this is my 2nd cancer in two years, the 2 not being related, just bad luck. I've learned not to eat anything whilst getting chemo although they do come round with trays of biscuits and sandwiches, it just makes me nauseated. A small cup of coffee will do me.
I had chemo for my first cancer. Oh it made me so very sick. I couldn't even look at food.

This last cancer, I had the operation and they cut out nearly 1/2 of my bowel and I didn't need the chemo as they were sure they got it all. It was on the right side, so I didn't end up with a "bag" and I was sure glad about that......

Now I am just dealing with skin cancer, I am very fair skinned so it is a problem, but I keep on top of it.

All the best to all you cancer survivors. We have to keep fighting...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I had chemo for my first cancer. Oh it made me so very sick. I couldn't even look at food.

This last cancer, I had the operation and they cut out nearly 1/2 of my bowel and I didn't need the chemo as they were sure they got it all. It was on the right side, so I didn't end up with a "bag" and I was sure glad about that......

Now I am just dealing with skin cancer, I am very fair skinned so it is a problem, but I keep on top of it.

My oncologist believes that a positive mind leads to positive results....and all his patients have had a form of cancer. Fighting and believing you can beat it means that your brain will help the process.... that is why I think that feeling sorry for yourself never helps. We all have down times through the treatments but we need to look ahead of them and believe that we can get better!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
My oncologist believes that a positive mind leads to positive results....and all his patients have had a form of cancer. Fighting and believing you can beat it means that your brain will help the process.... that is why I think that feeling sorry for yourself never helps. We all have down times through the treatments but we need to look ahead of them and believe that we can get better!
DITTO Twink
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-05-2018, 06:04 PM

I seem to have had very few of the side-effects of chemo this time round - unless that is what is causing my fatigue and being out of breath after a short while. No hair loss although it's not growing, either.

I have the dosette box, full of steroids and my resolve this time is just to not eat so mindlessly when taking them. It's a known side effect of steroids but I needn't give in to it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 03:51 AM

Oh I had no idea. So glad you survived and are “Alive & Kickin’”
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2018, 10:36 AM

It sounds like you’ve been through the mill Blue, but you’ve survived! Good luck with controlling the skin cancer, that can’t be easy as we all like a bit of sunshine.

Page 9 of 21 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 19 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top