Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 10:36 AM

Re: Breast Screening

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
And you know that for a fact do you?
Yes - I worked for them for 30 years - and am not in the habit of commenting on things I do not know about!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yes - I worked for them for 30 years - and am not in the habit of commenting on things I do not know about!
In what position did you work for them, cleaner, porter, nurse, medic or admin?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Medic and Admin - not that it is any of your business.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:54 AM

So Tara how much extra money do you think the NHS needs? Where do you think this extra money should be spent? Which services do you think are underfunded?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
So Tara how much extra money do you think the NHS needs? Where do you think this extra money should be spent? Which services do you think are underfunded?
All the services appear to be underfunded, the waiting times have got longer and longer. Taxes should go up and the benefit system reviewed in order to pay for it.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

07-05-2018, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I don't deny the NHS is struggling and needs funds - but - I would like to see tighter control over where/how it is spent.

If I won millions on the lottery tomorrow I would not give them cash. Refurbish theatres, pay nurses salaries for a year or two, buy new equipment, build a new hospital - yes - hand over cash - no way.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 12:30 PM

Hi

ST is repeating what so many in the NHS have told me recently, and I am spending a lot of time with them at the moment.

My local NHS Managers have failed to meet targets for referrals, so have now introduced a new process to assess referrals, a pre waiting list, waiting list.

This is a nonsense, another layer of bureaucracy which all those involved in, apart from the Managers, say is actually increasing costs and reducing service levels.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
All the services appear to be underfunded, the waiting times have got longer and longer. Taxes should go up and the benefit system reviewed in order to pay for it.
We are paying three times more than we paid before New Labour came into power. It's dis-organisation rather than under-funding.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top