Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnonyMoose2
New Member!
US of A
AnnonyMoose2 is female 

10-05-2018, 12:34 PM

Re: Mobile phone camera

I am pretty sure it would cost more to repair. We can get new phones free with a contract and or a small amount down. Here is an example with T mobile https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phones...7QGF8N5L3B5877
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Ive got Samsung Galaxy 6 mobile but I managed to break the protective glass that goes over the rear camera lens. Its not caused me any problems till last week when suddenly four hazy grey spots have appeared.
Ive tried cleaning the lens and also blowing through it but the dirt inside just wont move.

Does anyone have any idea if the rear camera lens can be replaced, I know you can buy the protective glass but its the camera/,lens that is the problem, and if it can be replaced is it so expensive that I would be better getting another phone instead.
A replacement part will cost you approximately £5-£10. Disassembling the phone is the hard part, the back is stuck down fast with strong sticky tape and if done wrong, can damage the back cover.

Basically, to replace the part in question is labour intensive. A phone repair shop can easily charge you anywhere between £50-£90 (prices vary between shops).
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
A replacement part will cost you approximately £5-£10. Disassembling the phone is the hard part, the back is stuck down fast with strong sticky tape and if done wrong, can damage the back cover.

Basically, to replace the part in question is labour intensive. A phone repair shop can easily charge you anywhere between £50-£90 (prices vary between shops).
To be honest I took it around to a couple of local shops but they would not even entertain doing the job. Then again it is only a little market town.
Luckily though my son came round to do something in the house for me and brought another of his old Samsungs for me. After transferring all my files over the first thing I did was to go out and buy a wrap around cover for it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top