Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 12:19 PM

Re: What's the best thing for mouth ulcers?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Tincture of Myrrh is marvellous for mouth ulcers.

Just put a little on a cotton wool bud and zapp the ulcer.

Gawd my Mom used to use that on us kids!
Tastes foul and stings like heck.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 01:39 PM

IMO Bonjella is rubbish and a waste of money. The only benefit is that it has a nice taste.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Ffosse, as mouth ulcers are one of the side effects of chemo, I would ask your chemo nurse for advice, she will probably give you something to use.
She did.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
She did.
What Dreamy,? I am interested for my son.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:44 PM

Benzydamine or Difflam to give its other name - it's about £10 in the chemist. I'm not sure it's a cure-all for ulcers as it ultimately kills the pain and makes eating possible. There are probably gels that will get rid of ulcers but mine are everywhere - on the roof of my mouth and inside one cheek in particular.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 04:01 PM

Benzydamine or Difflam to give its other name - it's about £10 in the chemist. I'm not sure it's a cure-all for ulcers as it ultimately kills the pain and makes eating possible. There are probably gels that will get rid of ulcers but mine are everywhere - on the roof of my mouth and inside one cheek in particular.

Rinstead pastilles matey!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Sodium Bicarbonate just wet your finger, dip it in and wack it on. Works a treat and gets rid of wind at the same time!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 06:28 PM

I've got these as a side-effect of the chemo and they're pretty sore.

Years ago I heard of something called bonjella - is this still the best treatment?
No, I would avoid that stuff.

Get yourself some Grapefruit Seed Extract (which has 100 other brilliant and important uses).

Rub a little of that on your ulcers and it will kill the bacteria in minutes. Will probably sting a little but will be cleared up within 24hrs. Invaluable.

http://citrosept.co.uk/products/
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-05-2018, 06:29 PM

I'll stick with the antibiotics I mentioned in my cancer thread.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
IMO Bonjella is rubbish and a waste of money. The only benefit is that it has a nice taste.
It's for teething babies.

Originally Posted by Tregonsee ->
Gawd my Mom used to use that on us kids!
Tastes foul and stings like heck.
So does GSE, or TeaTree which is also excellent, but the ulcers get nuked, end of.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top