Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:00 AM

Windows 10’s “April 2018 Update.”

Actually Release 1803 .....

Some interesting changes - review here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/340688/wha...le-march-2018/
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 11:52 AM

Re: Windows 10’s “April 2018 Update.”

My sister just updated her windows 10. It took at least 4 hours to complete using a fast connection . She was frustrated with the time it took she has a Lenovo .
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
My sister just updated her windows 10. It took at least 4 hours to complete using a fast connection . She was frustrated with the time it took she has a Lenovo .
It took me about 3 hours on my desktop.

Happily, this update will (allegedly) speed up the installation of these twice-a-year updates in the future. More of the update process is done in the background and is run at a low priority, so it shouldn’t slow the PC down while using it.

According to Microsoft’s tests, the “offline” update time—that is, the time you have to wait while staring at an “Updating” screen after rebooting your computer—has gone from an average of 82 minutes to 30 minutes.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 12:19 PM

Aggggg
I don't want to be updated I am happy as I am .
Apart from security updates I wish to set up my laptop and be left alone .
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Aggggg
Me too Meg. I told it to update and shut down, oh NO, it has a mind of it's own!!!!! The next time I put it on, it took ages updating, and you can't stop it!!!!!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Actually Release 1803 .....

Some interesting changes - review here:

https://www.howtogeek.com/340688/wha...le-march-2018/
Although I am no fan of Windows Updates, I have to admit that this includes some apparently very helpful improvements. I especially like the idea of quicker updates done in the background.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

14-05-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Although I am no fan of Windows Updates, I have to admit that this includes some apparently very helpful improvements. I especially like the idea of quicker updates done in the background.
It seems that the problem with fuzzy fonts has been addressed, too, although not completely resolved.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It seems that the problem with fuzzy fonts has been addressed, too, although not completely resolved.
Never had fuzzy fonts, but I have two lines at the top of this forum
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Aggggg
Ah, unfortunately the whole point of Windows 10 is that Microsoft is in control of your computer not you. You surely realised this when you opted to load up W10 no?!

Updates taking 4hrs to load is surely more than a few corrections and tweaks. I predicted last year that whatever MS initially put out in terms of W10 will swiftly morph into something much more controlling and geared around selling you stuff.

There is no happy ending imo for people who took up W10. Big Brother is watching and recording everything you do and using that info.

The big boys are collectively trying their level best to force people up the technical ladder to W10 and all the latest browsers. All working together imho.

Google now blocking Google Maps for people with older versions of Internet Explorer despite the fact those IE versions work just fine. Freedoms being curtailed there.

Twitter now doing likewise. Popping up messages about older browsers and restricting my view of other people's Twitter posts.

All very pathetic. All bully boy tactics to force people up their controlling and carefully laid out path.

No thanks.

I control my PC. Windows 7, lots of security measures in place. No adverts, no banners, no pop ups. Tracking sites fully blocked. etc etc.

Very happy.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Aggggg
You need to go Mac for that peace of mind

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top