Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Re: Windows 10’s “April 2018 Update.”

Originally Posted by Omah ->
It seems that the problem with fuzzy fonts has been addressed, too, although not completely resolved.
I've never had a problem with fuzzy fonts...

except when I've had too many.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
You need to go Mac for that peace of mind
I agree with you there, Rehab
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've never had a problem with fuzzy fonts...

except when I've had too many.
Too many fuzzies or too many fonts?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Too many fuzzies or too many fonts?
Neither.

Drinks.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 01:21 AM

Realist wrote:
Very happy
Could have fooled me!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2018, 07:40 PM

One problem I have encountered, but on an old laptop only, is very slow boot-up time. The possible reasons for this are many and various - I have tried several options but none has made any improvement .....

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix...eature-update/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-05-2018, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
One problem I have encountered, but on an old laptop only, is very slow boot-up time. The possible reasons for this are many and various - I have tried several options but none has made any improvement .....

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix...eature-update/
Very interesting.

I have disabled most startup items and hope to see some improvement in speed. Thanks.

Now back to your vacuuming!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-05-2018, 04:11 PM

I have just downloaded the latest Windows Update. My system is now running Windows 10 version 1803.

It took a long time, admittedly, but at least Microsoft warned me that it would!

This seems to be the latest version and, hopefully, I might find some improvements. We shall see.

Unfortunately, nothing comes without consequences; I have learnt that much using Windows!

The first I have noticed is that my favourite on-screen game - Spider Solitaire - has disappeared, to be replaced by an inferior Windows 10 version. Why? Doesn't Microsoft like us making our own choices? Silly question!

The trouble is that I can't remember which Spider Solitaire it was that I had downloaded some time ago, and I can't find it in Downloads or anywhere else on my computer.

Having racked my brains (such as they are) and done a bit of Googling (ooh, Matron!), I found the one I recognised:

https://winaero.com/blog/windows-7-g...eators-update/

That's the one I had, and now have once more.

I suppose that Microsoft are now very much against people using anything earlier than Windows 10. I shall certainly bookmark this web site in case of future tamperings by Microsoft and I need to obtain it again.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have just downloaded the latest Windows Update. My system is now running Windows 10 version 1803.

It took a long time, admittedly, but at least Microsoft warned me that it would!

This seems to be the latest version and, hopefully, I might find some improvements. We shall see.

Unfortunately, nothing comes without consequences; I have learnt that much using Windows!

The first I have noticed is that my favourite on-screen game - Spider Solitaire - has disappeared, to be replaced by an inferior Windows 10 version. Why? Doesn't Microsoft like us making our own choices? Silly question!

The trouble is that I can't remember which Spider Solitaire it was that I had downloaded some time ago, and I can't find it in Downloads or anywhere else on my computer.

Having racked my brains (such as they are) and done a bit of Googling (ooh, Matron!), I found the one I recognised:

https://winaero.com/blog/windows-7-g...eators-update/

That's the one I had, and now have once more.

I suppose that Microsoft are now very much against people using anything earlier than Windows 10. I shall certainly bookmark this web site in case of future tamperings by Microsoft and I need to obtain it again.
I use the same site:

https://winaero.com/blog/get-windows...or-windows-10/

but I'll use your newer link .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

18-05-2018, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by omah ->
i use the same site:

https://winaero.com/blog/get-windows...or-windows-10/

but i'll use your newer link .....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top